GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lost names (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207169-lost-names.html)

David Hill 18-05-2013 05:00 PM

Lost names

I can't remember the names of these 2
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psadb2091e.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps5ca4a3b5.jpg

And

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psf55c2493.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps3b537356.jpg
These flowers are just a little over 1 inch long

David @ a sunny side of Swansea Bay

Sacha[_10_] 18-05-2013 05:31 PM

Lost names

On 2013-05-18 17:00:06 +0100, David Hill said:

I can't remember the names of these 2
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psadb2091e.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps5ca4a3b5.jpg

Akebia quinata alba. Has a wonderful perfume. We have it on one of
those ropes round the Tea Room lawn but it wasn't flowering when you
were here. It goes on flowering for ages.

And

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psf55c2493.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps3b537356.jpg

These flowers are just a little over 1 inch long

David @ a sunny side of Swansea Bay

Iochroma australis alba is Ray's suggestion.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

David Hill 18-05-2013 05:36 PM

Lost names

On 18/05/2013 17:31, Sacha wrote:
Iochroma australis alba

One down 1 to go
Thanks Sacha and Ray

Sacha[_10_] 18-05-2013 06:15 PM

Lost names

On 2013-05-18 17:36:48 +0100, David Hill said:

On 18/05/2013 17:31, Sacha wrote:
Iochroma australis alba

One down 1 to go
Thanks Sacha and Ray

Did you not see my suggestion that the first is Akebia quinata alba, or
am I just wrong?! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

David Hill 18-05-2013 07:36 PM

Lost names

On 2013-05-18 17:36:48 +0100, David Hill said:

On 18/05/2013 17:31, Sacha wrote:
Iochroma australis alba

One down 1 to go
Thanks Sacha and Ray

Did you not see my suggestion that the first is Akebia quinata alba, or
am I just wrong?! ;-)

Sorry Sacha I missed your first suggestion, but it's not Akebia, the
leaves are single not composite,
When I first had it I was told it could be a form of Parthenocissus, but
I can't find it now.
Some time later after a lot of browsing
It looks as if it could be Actinidia arguta (TARA VINE, HARDY KIWI FRUIT)

http://www.planthis.com.au/plant-inf...?gardener=8192

Sacha[_10_] 18-05-2013 10:32 PM

Lost names

On 2013-05-18 17:36:48 +0100, David Hill said:

On 18/05/2013 17:31, Sacha wrote:
Iochroma australis alba

One down 1 to go
Thanks Sacha and Ray

Did you not see my suggestion that the first is Akebia quinata alba, or
am I just wrong?! ;-)

Sorry Sacha I missed your first suggestion, but it's not Akebia, the
leaves are single not composite,
When I first had it I was told it could be a form of Parthenocissus,
but I can't find it now.
Some time later after a lot of browsing
It looks as if it could be Actinidia arguta (TARA VINE, HARDY KIWI FRUIT)

http://www.planthis.com.au/plant-inf...?gardener=8192

Don't know that at all but what a similarity to the Akebia!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com