GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tender geraniums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207254-tender-geraniums.html)

Broadback[_3_] 26-05-2013 02:13 PM

Tender geraniums

Is it too soon to plant them out into tubs? Will they survive a little
frost?

Bob Hobden 26-05-2013 04:26 PM

Tender geraniums

"Broadback" wrote

Is it too soon to plant them out into tubs? Will they survive a little
frost?

Are you talking Pelagonium or the three tender large Geraniums, canariense,
palmatum**, and maderense?

** G palmatum is hardy with us and seeds around our garden, our mature ones
are just coming into flower.

If it's Pelagonium then it depends on variety but most won't take any frost.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

kay 26-05-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broadback[_3_] (Post 984033)
Is it too soon to plant them out into tubs? Will they survive a little
frost?

My experience is that they're very sensitive, ie if they get too cold, they don't just die back, they keel over. Not worth taking the risk.