GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207270-tomatoes.html)

Jilly 28-05-2013 10:36 AM

Tomatoes

I have my tomatoes in 3inch pots in green house - plants about six inches high
- good growth.
When should I transplant to ten inch pots in greenhouse?

--
Wearing a cycle helmet will not kill you.

truthinsig 28-05-2013 12:34 PM

Tomatoes

On Tue, 28 May 2013 10:36:00 +0100, Jilly wrote:

--
Wearing a cycle helmet will not kill you.

www.cyclehelmets.org/1227.html

Bob Hobden 28-05-2013 01:35 PM

Tomatoes

"Jilly" wrote

I have my tomatoes in 3inch pots in green house - plants about six inches
high
- good growth.
When should I transplant to ten inch pots in greenhouse?

We grow ours outside in the normal garden soil so can't comment except to
say, like all pot grown plants, when the roots have filled the existing pot.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

David Hill 28-05-2013 05:30 PM

Tomatoes

On 28/05/2013 10:36, Jilly wrote:
I have my tomatoes in 3inch pots in green house - plants about six inches high
- good growth.
When should I transplant to ten inch pots in greenhouse?

I'd re pot them into 6 inch pots now, then when they are about 12
inches, with the first truss of flower showing then pot them into your
10 inch pots.
Keep them well spaced to stop them going leggy.