GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   White Foxglove (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207324-white-foxglove.html)

Bob Hobden 03-06-2013 05:58 PM

White Foxglove

Of the two Foxgloves that have flowered in our garden this year one is the
usual pink with throat blotches but the other is pure white, no blotches or
any colour at all. I can't say I've seen one just pure white before.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Sacha[_10_] 03-06-2013 07:10 PM

White Foxglove

On 2013-06-03 17:58:11 +0100, Bob Hobden said:

Of the two Foxgloves that have flowered in our garden this year one is
the usual pink with throat blotches but the other is pure white, no
blotches or any colour at all. I can't say I've seen one just pure
white before.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

There are some like that and I believe some are in NZ. They're very beautiful.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Phil Gurr 03-06-2013 10:59 PM

White Foxglove

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Of the two Foxgloves that have flowered in our garden this year one is the
usual pink with throat blotches but the other is pure white, no blotches
or any colour at all. I can't say I've seen one just pure white before.

About 1:50 of the wild population are white here. Many local
people think they are lucky and will dig them up to plant in their
gardens - they do not come true from seed.

Phil
Northern Highlands of Scotland

S Viemeister[_2_] 04-06-2013 12:44 AM

White Foxglove

On 6/3/2013 12:58 PM, Bob Hobden wrote:
Of the two Foxgloves that have flowered in our garden this year one is
the usual pink with throat blotches but the other is pure white, no
blotches or any colour at all. I can't say I've seen one just pure white
before.

I have a number of unspotted pure white and creamy white foxgloves in my
garden - but I've been 'encouraging' the white ones for years.

kay 04-06-2013 07:34 AM

I get quite a few white ones, but if I remember rightly they tend to have brown spots in the throat - I can't be certain of ever seeing a pure white one as Bob describes.

Jonathan[_3_] 04-06-2013 10:03 AM

White Foxglove

On Jun 3, 10:59*pm, "Phil Gurr" wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

About 1:50 of the wild population are white here. Many local
people think they are lucky and will dig them up to plant in their
gardens - they do not come true from seed.

Phil
Northern Highlands of Scotland

You can buy white seed, the only trouble is that over time they will
mix with the wild ones and their offspring won't all be white.

Jonathan