Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2013, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Iris 'Tropic Night'

Does anyone on urg grow this iris? I bought it with guidelines to plant
out in a free-draining, moist soil in sun/partial shade. I have since
read that it can be grown as a marginal or in a pot of water. Mine has
doubled in size, but has a couple of concertina'd leaves which suggest
it may be short of water. It is currently grown in full sun in much
improved clay soil. I do water, but sparingly. If you have one, how do
you grow it?

Also, it has not flowered since I bought it and planted it last year.
Googling for flowering times, I get a rather mixed message. Some
articles suggest May/June, others suggest June/July. Comparing it with
other irises I grow, there is no sign of bud build-up within the leafy
growth. Usually I can tell about a month ahead if an iris is going to
bloom.

I would be most grateful for any advice.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London

Iridaceae - Iris Victoria Falls - bearded irisIridaceae - Iris Victoria Falls - bearded iris Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 2 01-02-2009 10:24 PM
Tropic sunset Linda Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 27-08-2003 10:04 PM
ANN: 2 New Iris Videos from American Iris Society National Convention Bobby Baxter Gardening 0 28-05-2003 05:08 AM
tall iris?/MY IRIS jammer Gardening 0 17-04-2003 02:44 AM
Dieffenbachia Lemon Tropic Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 0 10-02-2003 01:29 PM