GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blueberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207417-blueberries.html)

David Hill 16-06-2013 01:25 PM

Blueberries

On 13/06/2013 19:46, David in Normandy wrote:
Anyone have success growing blueberries? I must be doing something
wrong. Planted a bush 7 years ago "Bluecrop" and after 7 years I have a
very healthy 10 feet tall bushy tree that has never had a single fruit
on it! Every spring it has lots of catkins, but that's all. Any
suggestions on what is wrong or should I just take the chainsaw to it
and convert it into firewood?

I am surprised that no one has said anything about the fact that
Blueberry leaves tend to have good Autumn colour whilst willow have
none, well some do yellow a bit.
David @ the damp side of Swansea Bay.

RustyHinge 22-06-2013 07:05 PM

Blueberries

On 16/06/13 12:51, David Hill wrote:
On 16/06/2013 10:53, RustyHinge wrote:
On 16/06/13 08:02, kay wrote:

It's Google being helpful, innit? "there aren't many results with
blueberry and catkin in so I'll give you all the results which have
either blueberry or catkin as well"
Hence a page of text hits talking about blueberries with a line of
images of willow catkins.

I'd recommend the advanced search in Ixquick: www.ixquick.com

Why?
Since Blueberries dont have catkins you wont find anything of
interest/value.

I'd recommend the advanced search for *anything* - however, it will not
discriminate between fact and fiction - that's not its job.

--
Rusty Hinge