GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A possible fox deterrant. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207568-possible-fox-deterrant.html)

Emrys Davies 27-06-2013 07:52 PM

A possible fox deterrant.

I know of the extensive discussions on this forum about fox damage and the
possible ways, if any, of preventing it, but this is one which has actually
worked for me. Recently I planted grass seed on a small piece of land at my
bowling club where a large holly tree had been felled and the trunk and
roots ground out. On the first night foxes dug small holes on the
unprotected site so I draped a long hosepipe supported by bread trays, snake
fashion, over the area and there has been no fox activity since (10 days)
and the grass is well on the move. In the meantime I could see that foxes
had been in the near vicinity.