Old 28-06-2013, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Greenhouse tomatoes.

We are having a very bad year with tomatoes.
The gardeners delight are further on in the garden and the allotment than
the greenhoused ones.
The Garden Pearl have wilted to nothing but compost material. After showing
great strength early in the year.
Sweet Million plants are a very dark green in the garden and show no signs
of becomming bigger. Just darker green.
You know what. I don't think We are getting a crop this year.

Another disaterous year for our tomatoes. after the good start.

Baz
Old 28-06-2013, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message ...

We are having a very bad year with tomatoes.
The gardeners delight are further on in the garden and the allotment than
the greenhoused ones.
The Garden Pearl have wilted to nothing but compost material. After showing
great strength early in the year.
Sweet Million plants are a very dark green in the garden and show no signs
of becomming bigger. Just darker green.
You know what. I don't think We are getting a crop this year.

Another disaterous year for our tomatoes. after the good start.

Baz

Me too in the greenhouse in Cheshire - and lots of BER on the Alicanti and
not a lot happening with the Red Cherry.
I put it down to the "stop/go" weather.

Early days yet though - glut in Sept/Oct hopefully - lol

Pete

Old 28-06-2013, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message ...

We are having a very bad year with tomatoes.
The gardeners delight are further on in the garden and the allotment
than the greenhoused ones.
The Garden Pearl have wilted to nothing but compost material. After
showing great strength early in the year.
Sweet Million plants are a very dark green in the garden and show no
signs of becomming bigger. Just darker green.
You know what. I don't think We are getting a crop this year.

Another disaterous year for our tomatoes. after the good start.

Baz

Me too in the greenhouse in Cheshire - and lots of BER on the Alicanti
and not a lot happening with the Red Cherry.
I put it down to the "stop/go" weather.

Early days yet though - glut in Sept/Oct hopefully - lol

Pete

Keep the toes crossed for that glut. Hehe, mine are double crossed.

Baz
Old 28-06-2013, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote

We are having a very bad year with tomatoes.
The gardeners delight are further on in the garden and the allotment than
the greenhoused ones.
The Garden Pearl have wilted to nothing but compost material. After showing
great strength early in the year.
Sweet Million plants are a very dark green in the garden and show no signs
of becomming bigger. Just darker green.
You know what. I don't think We are getting a crop this year.

Another disaterous year for our tomatoes. after the good start.

Lots of things that like sun are just not growing again this year, squash,
tomatoes, aubergines, peppers and chillies all seem to be sulking and
waiting for the sun and some real warmth. On the other hand the peas and
brassicas seem to be growing very well.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 28-06-2013, 09:59 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post

[/i][/color]
Lots of things that like sun are just not growing again this year, squash,
tomatoes, aubergines, peppers and chillies all seem to be sulking and
waiting for the sun and some real warmth. On the other hand the peas and
brassicas seem to be growing very well.
My greenhouse tomatoes, after a late start, are now flowering, so I'm confident they'll get there. First courgettes are pickable, and cucumbers won't be far behind.

On the other hand, this seems to be a very good year for flowers - there's been a really good display of early purple orchids in the Dales, and of globe flowers, and last week we were in a field with hundreds upon hundreds of heath spotted orchids. Last night we sat in the porch and watched a single echinopsis open 6 flowers, each 9 inches long, and I have a beautiful copper coloured water lily in flower that last flowered several years ago.
__________________

Old 29-06-2013, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote

We are having a very bad year with tomatoes.
The gardeners delight are further on in the garden and the allotment
than the greenhoused ones.
The Garden Pearl have wilted to nothing but compost material. After
showing great strength early in the year.
Sweet Million plants are a very dark green in the garden and show no
signs of becomming bigger. Just darker green.
You know what. I don't think We are getting a crop this year.

Another disaterous year for our tomatoes. after the good start.

Lots of things that like sun are just not growing again this year,
squash, tomatoes, aubergines, peppers and chillies all seem to be
sulking and waiting for the sun and some real warmth. On the other
hand the peas and brassicas seem to be growing very well.

Peas yes, brassicas not really thriving for us.

Baz