Old 29-06-2013, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomatos

Hi, though I'd try growing toms upside down put the plants in last week
everything ok this week the end of the
plant starting to curl upwards is this ok or have got to do something with
them.Any replies thanks in advance.T.R.

Old 29-06-2013, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"ag.richards" wrote in
:

Hi, though I'd try growing toms upside down put the plants in last
week everything ok this week the end of the
plant starting to curl upwards is this ok or have got to do something
with them.Any replies thanks in advance.T.R.

They are moving towards he sun. Normal for any plant. Google photosynthesis
to understand this.

Baz
Old 29-06-2013, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

ag.richards wrote:
Hi, though I'd try growing toms upside down put the plants in last week
everything ok this week the end of the
plant starting to curl upwards is this ok or have got to do something with
them.Any replies thanks in advance.T.R.

Yep. that happened when I did it, too. Didn't find it was as 'magic'
as it seemed to think it woudl be.
Old 30-06-2013, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Vicky wrote

ag.richards wrote:
Hi, though I'd try growing toms upside down put the plants in last week
everything ok this week the end of the
plant starting to curl upwards is this ok or have got to do something
with
them.Any replies thanks in advance.T.R.

Yep. that happened when I did it, too. Didn't find it was as 'magic'
as it seemed to think it woudl be.

I bought some "Tumbling Toms" for a hanging basket just to see how they
grow. Not a sign of any tumbling they just look like normal determinate toms
to me, growing skyward.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 30-06-2013, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Bob Hobden wrote:
Yep. that happened when I did it, too. Didn't find it was as 'magic'
as it seemed to think it woudl be.

I bought some "Tumbling Toms" for a hanging basket just to see how they
grow. Not a sign of any tumbling they just look like normal determinate toms
to me, growing skyward.

I've had the same with the tumblers (Makota? Can't remember how it's
spelt!) when they've been in pots, but once I put them in baskets and
put them at a bit of an angle to make them go outwards, they are still
going upwards, but more bushy. I think once they get fruit they will
head downward!

Old 30-06-2013, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-06-30 09:05:31 +0100, said:

Bob Hobden wrote:
Yep. that happened when I did it, too. Didn't find it was as 'magic'
as it seemed to think it woudl be.

I bought some "Tumbling Toms" for a hanging basket just to see how they
grow. Not a sign of any tumbling they just look like normal determinate toms
to me, growing skyward.

I've had the same with the tumblers (Makota? Can't remember how it's
spelt!) when they've been in pots, but once I put them in baskets and
put them at a bit of an angle to make them go outwards, they are still
going upwards, but more bushy. I think once they get fruit they will
head downward!

Ours are all hanging downwards and heavy with fruit which I hope is
going to ripen quickly!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 30-06-2013, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2013-06-30 09:05:31 +0100, said:

Bob Hobden wrote:
Yep. that happened when I did it, too. Didn't find it was as
'magic' as it seemed to think it woudl be.

I bought some "Tumbling Toms" for a hanging basket just to see how
they grow. Not a sign of any tumbling they just look like normal
determinate toms to me, growing skyward.

I've had the same with the tumblers (Makota? Can't remember how it's
spelt!) when they've been in pots, but once I put them in baskets and
put them at a bit of an angle to make them go outwards, they are
still going upwards, but more bushy. I think once they get fruit
they will head downward!

Ours are all hanging downwards and heavy with fruit which I hope is
going to ripen quickly!

Sacha, yours are heavy with fruit. But did yours go skyward before the set?
I have seen people hang marbles to get them to "dangle". LOL They will only
dangle with a full load of tomatoes. IMO anyway. AND they are just ordinary
common or garden type I am sure. I am happy to be proved wrong and will be
less cynical. I just think it is a con.

Baz
Old 30-06-2013, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-06-30 13:05:21 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2013-06-30 09:05:31 +0100, said:

Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

I haven't watched their growth that carefully but I'll check on the
variety grown this year. However, we've grown Tumbler and other
tumbling types before and they certainly hang downwards from the
get-go. There's no question of persuading them to do so.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 04-07-2013, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-06-30 13:05:21 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2013-06-30 09:05:31 +0100, said:

Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

Definitely Tumblers in the hanging baskets and all spreading outwards
and downwards and starting to ripen.
--

Sacha
South Devon