Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tom Problem

I have half a dozen toms in pots of diferent varietys. One has suddenly got
curled leaves. What causes this and will it affect fruiting?
--
Pete C

Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete C" wrote in
o.uk:

I have half a dozen toms in pots of diferent varietys. One has
suddenly got curled leaves. What causes this and will it affect
fruiting?

For some reason mine have always had that problem and it worried me the
first couple of years. It was said to me that it could be loose
soil/compost on the roots and them drying out quickly, but I firmed them
down and always planted firmly after that. Didn't make any difference.
It doesn't seem to affect the production of the tomatoes.

My tomatoe plants this year are very slow to grow. In fact the last 2 or 3
years have been bad for mine.

Hoping yours produce for you.
Baz

Old 02-07-2013, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Baz wrote:
My tomatoe plants this year are very slow to grow. In fact the last 2 or 3
years have been bad for mine.

Last year tomatoes were about the only thing I did well with.
Although I did get my first ever swedes. Damn, forgot to plant any
this year. :-/

This year I'm getting a huge variety in standards. The ones I planted
earliest are going mad (White Wonder were my experimental ones this year),
but the GD and Roma which normally do well are quite stunted.