GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sweet pea timings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207697-sweet-pea-timings.html)

stuart noble 09-07-2013 10:45 AM

Sweet pea timings

Just had the first bloom from my Spring sown plants, precisely 22 days
after those that were over-wintered under plastic. Don't think I'll
bother in future.
I remember Monty Don was doing a similar test but I don't remember
seeing the results

Spider[_3_] 11-07-2013 01:32 PM

Sweet pea timings

On 09/07/2013 10:45, stuart noble wrote:
Just had the first bloom from my Spring sown plants, precisely 22 days
after those that were over-wintered under plastic. Don't think I'll
bother in future.
I remember Monty Don was doing a similar test but I don't remember
seeing the results

Hi Stuart,

I'm hoping you can see the results on the link below:-

http://lewishamgardens.webs.com/apps...a-sowing-trial

It puts Autumn sowings way ahead of the others.
--
Spider
from high ground in SE London

stuart noble 11-07-2013 04:25 PM

Sweet pea timings

On 11/07/2013 13:32, Spider wrote:
On 09/07/2013 10:45, stuart noble wrote:
Just had the first bloom from my Spring sown plants, precisely 22 days
after those that were over-wintered under plastic. Don't think I'll
bother in future.
I remember Monty Don was doing a similar test but I don't remember
seeing the results

Hi Stuart,

I'm hoping you can see the results on the link below:-

http://lewishamgardens.webs.com/apps...a-sowing-trial

It puts Autumn sowings way ahead of the others.

Cheers Spider. Very interesting, plus it gives me the date for the GW
broadcast, which I'll try and get hold of.