GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Qualcast RM32 Mower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207782-qualcast-rm32-mower.html)

Biglad67 16-07-2013 07:39 PM

Qualcast RM32 Mower

I've run over the cable by accident is it worth get the mower fixed??

What price would it cost approx??

Bob Hobden 16-07-2013 10:49 PM

Qualcast RM32 Mower

"Biglad67" wrote

I've run over the cable by accident is it worth get the mower fixed??

What price would it cost approx??

Just get a waterproof connector and connect up the cut wires. Did that on my
mower 20 years ago and it's still OK.
Something like this...
http://www.screwfix.com/p/teeplug-ip...ctor-16a/38456
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 17-07-2013 10:18 AM

Qualcast RM32 Mower

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 22:49:46 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

I've run over the cable by accident is it worth get the mower

fixed??

Just get a waterproof connector and connect up the cut wires. Did that
on my mower 20 years ago and it's still OK.
Something like this...

http://www.screwfix.com/p/teeplug-ip...ket-connector-
16a/38456

Thats probably a bit OTT for a mower, but yes something like that
will do the job.

I thought these days and for while most garden electrical equipment
had a short tail then a plugin main cable. Might be cheaper/easier
for the OP to just replace the main cable.

--
Cheers
Dave.