Old 23-07-2013, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Today's harvest

Martin wrote:
Remember "It's only the skin on a gooseberry that stops it from being a
grape"
Nothing a good razor or dose of immac won't cure. ;-)

Canned goosberries are bald

So are some of the posters, but not Vicky of course

Don't tell anyone, but I am under all the hair.
Old 25-07-2013, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 17:16:27 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

That leaves another gooseberry bush to pick tomorrow, then our skin can
start to heal. :-(
People talk about pyracantha as good hedging to keep villains out but I'm
sure gooseberries would do a better job and you get the fruit (if you're
brave enough)

I did swear a little picking mine yesterday. They are lovely and sweet
though!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 26-07-2013, 03:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mogga Wrote:

I did swear a little picking mine yesterday. They are lovely and sweet
though!

With raspberries, our bush with prickles makes better tasting
berries than the one without.
Old 26-07-2013, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie" wrote

mogga Wrote:

I did swear a little picking mine yesterday. They are lovely and sweet
though!

With raspberries, our bush with prickles makes better tasting
berries than the one without.

Funny you should say that as we now have a thornless Loganberry and I swear
the fruit is nowhere near as tasty as a previous old style one with thorns.
It's coming out this winter if I have my way, waste of space.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.