GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mystery shrub ID please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207861-mystery-shrub-id-please.html)

sacha 25-07-2013 01:45 PM

Mystery shrub ID please

Ray's had this for some years but just can't remember the name. It
produces seed pods but unless the fluff inside is seed, they're
sterile. We assume the fluff is just 'packing'! Unfortunately we have
only one. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9363059013/
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

G Wolmershäuser[_2_] 25-07-2013 02:14 PM

Mystery shrub ID please

Am 25.07.2013 14:45, schrieb Sacha:
Ray's had this for some years but just can't remember the name. It
produces seed pods but unless the fluff inside is seed, they're sterile.
We assume the fluff is just 'packing'! Unfortunately we have only one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9363059013/

Hibiscus boryanus?
Gotthelf

--
http://www.wolmershaeuser.de

sacha 25-07-2013 03:27 PM

Mystery shrub ID please

On 2013-07-25 14:14:06 +0100, G Wolmershäuser said:

Am 25.07.2013 14:45, schrieb Sacha:
Ray's had this for some years but just can't remember the name. It
produces seed pods but unless the fluff inside is seed, they're sterile.
We assume the fluff is just 'packing'! Unfortunately we have only one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9363059013/

Hibiscus boryanus?
Gotthelf

Thanks but no, I'm afraid not. I see the similarity but we'd know a
hibiscus and it's just not quite that.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Stewart Robert Hinsley[_3_] 25-07-2013 03:37 PM

Mystery shrub ID please

On 25/07/2013 13:45, Sacha wrote:
Ray's had this for some years but just can't remember the name. It
produces seed pods but unless the fluff inside is seed, they're sterile.
We assume the fluff is just 'packing'! Unfortunately we have only one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9363059013/

Lagunaria patersonia

http://www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Lag...Lagunaria.html

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

sacha 25-07-2013 04:31 PM

Mystery shrub ID please

On 2013-07-25 15:37:17 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley said:

On 25/07/2013 13:45, Sacha wrote:
Ray's had this for some years but just can't remember the name. It
produces seed pods but unless the fluff inside is seed, they're sterile.
We assume the fluff is just 'packing'! Unfortunately we have only one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9363059013/

Lagunaria patersonia

http://www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Lag...Lagunaria.html

Perfect!! We had an idea it began with L but that's as far as our
memories went. Thank you so much, Stewart.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com