GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Watering timer replacement (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207914-watering-timer-replacement.html)

Nick 29-07-2013 03:02 PM

Watering timer replacement

For 25~30 years I've used a Gardena timer to distribute water via a
microdrip & sprinkler system.
A simple clockwork mechanical timer. Just turn the knob to desired time and
walk away. Maintenance free and no batts. Unfortunately it has developed a
leak. Possibly because of age or perhaps frost damage. Not a huge problem as
it is in a utility room. It is not going to get better and does not seem to
be repairable.
I've googled for similar but can find nothing. All seem to be battery
powered electronic gadgets. Don't really want this if it can be avoided.
Any ideas where I might find a simple mechanical timer?
Thank you,
Nick.

Jake 29-07-2013 04:50 PM

Watering timer replacement

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 15:02:15 +0100, "Nick"
wrote:

For 25~30 years I've used a Gardena timer to distribute water via a
microdrip & sprinkler system.
A simple clockwork mechanical timer. Just turn the knob to desired time and
walk away. Maintenance free and no batts. Unfortunately it has developed a
leak. Possibly because of age or perhaps frost damage. Not a huge problem as
it is in a utility room. It is not going to get better and does not seem to
be repairable.
I've googled for similar but can find nothing. All seem to be battery
powered electronic gadgets. Don't really want this if it can be avoided.
Any ideas where I might find a simple mechanical timer?
Thank you,
Nick.

Try
http://www.plantswholesale.co.uk/pro...8687.html#desc

--
Cheers, Jake
=======================================

Granity 29-07-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 988617)
For 25~30 years I've used a Gardena timer to distribute water via a
microdrip & sprinkler system.
A simple clockwork mechanical timer. Just turn the knob to desired time and
walk away. Maintenance free and no batts. Unfortunately it has developed a
leak. Possibly because of age or perhaps frost damage. Not a huge problem as
it is in a utility room. It is not going to get better and does not seem to
be repairable.
I've googled for similar but can find nothing. All seem to be battery
powered electronic gadgets. Don't really want this if it can be avoided.
Any ideas where I might find a simple mechanical timer?
Thank you,
Nick.

MECHANICAL CLOCKWORK HOSE PIPE HOSEPIPE WATER TIMER 10 - 120 MIN IRRIGATION | eBay