GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cleaning polytunnels and greenhouses! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207916-cleaning-polytunnels-greenhouses.html)

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 29-07-2013 06:08 PM

Cleaning polytunnels and greenhouses!

Some years ago on here I explained how we clean our polytunnels using a rope
an old towel and a spouse! Its quite hard work but reasonably effective.
Last week I was told there is an easier way!

I am probably the last one in the country to find this out but the
decking/patio cleaners that fit onto pressure washers are pure magic,
cleaned the tunnel better in a fraction of the time and with a lot less
effort.

I have now ordered an extra extension piece so I reach the middle

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

sacha 29-07-2013 06:33 PM

On 2013-07-29 17:08:04 +0000, Charlie Pridham said:

Some years ago on here I explained how we clean our polytunnels using a
rope an old towel and a spouse! Its quite hard work but reasonably
effective. Last week I was told there is an easier way!

I am probably the last one in the country to find this out but the
decking/patio cleaners that fit onto pressure washers are pure magic,
cleaned the tunnel better in a fraction of the time and with a lot less
effort.

I have now ordered an extra extension piece so I reach the middle

I bet Liz is on her knees with joy and relief! What with that and
cobweb deployment tasks……! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Jeff Layman[_2_] 29-07-2013 10:36 PM

On 29/07/2013 18:08, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Some years ago on here I explained how we clean our polytunnels using a rope
an old towel and a spouse! Its quite hard work but reasonably effective.
Last week I was told there is an easier way!

I am probably the last one in the country to find this out but the
decking/patio cleaners that fit onto pressure washers are pure magic,
cleaned the tunnel better in a fraction of the time and with a lot less
effort.

I have now ordered an extra extension piece so I reach the middle

Many years ago I succeeded in blowing a hole in a brittle curved plastic
panel (PVC?)in a conservatory by careless use of a pressure washer. I'd
have thought that polythene would have been even more likely to suffer
unexpected ventilation...

--

Jeff

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 29-07-2013 10:44 PM

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
[...]

The polythene seems elastic enough that it does not suffer any ill effects,
the worst tunnel was one whose cover is now 8 years old so its well past its
replacement age but has suffered no ill effects