Old 31-07-2013, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I'm livid

Let It Be wrote:
As for the OP, consider youself damned lucky, I planted a whole pack of seed
peas this year and what did I get in return -------- just three of the
beggers to just show their heads through the earth. In temper, I ripped 'em
up and planted annual flowers in their place to keep SWMBO happy - and the
rest of the seed peas must have acted like a flower fertiliser as the
flowers are going great guns.

Did you plant them early? My boys planted a little wigwam of peas each
that they got from school (Birds Eye ones, no less), and they got a total
of 1 plant between them. I planted 2 rows a month or two later, and they
have all* come up, and are now threatening to engulf the carrots and
beetroot in the patch between them.

I suspect it may be to do with the early warm weather supressing germination
and now the later cooler then wetter weather encouraging them.

Remember, seeds don't have a calendar!
Old 31-07-2013, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/07/2013 12:33, Spider wrote:
On 30/07/2013 20:40, Christina Websell wrote:
The agreement was that my brother and I would share my land and the
crops,
whether or not we grew them at home.

He's picked every pea and gone on holiday. I've tended the peas and
watered
them and I am more than annoyed. Peas are my favourite veg.
I half want to change the padlock. I might still do it as he seems
incapable of not filling it all up and asking me what I want to grow.
I'm more than ticked off.

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow?
Given that
it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the
point.
He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He isn't.

Try growing heritage peas that grow to around 6ft, they come ready over
several weeks so no way can they all be picked at one time.

Old 31-07-2013, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/07/2013 20:40, Christina Websell wrote:
The agreement was that my brother and I would share my land and the crops,
whether or not we grew them at home.

He's picked every pea and gone on holiday. I've tended the peas and watered
them and I am more than annoyed. Peas are my favourite veg.
I half want to change the padlock. I might still do it as he seems
incapable of not filling it all up and asking me what I want to grow.
I'm more than ticked off.

Seems to me you have two or three tactical choices that might get your
message across at this point. Shame you didn't do anything about it when
it happened last year - I get a distinct sense of deja vu here.

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given that
it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the point.
He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He isn't.

Options a

Turn up on his doorstep with a coolbox to collect your share of this
years pea crop thanking him for getting it all in on time. If he refuses
then tell him next year he will have to grow them himself.

Depending how plausible you are (and I suspect not very):

Warn him that in taking everything without talking to you first he also
harvested the inedible sweet pea pods being grown as cut flowers.

Next year grow a heritage variety of garden peas that cannot be
harvested all at once in a single industrial cycle.

BTW is livid a nice shade of green?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 31-07-2013, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given
that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the
point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Old 31-07-2013, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Victoria Conlan wrote:
Let It Be wrote:
[...]

They were 'early peas' but due to the weather, I left it a few weeks to
plant them. As for the lack of success, that could be down to several
factors - including a duff batch of seeds from my local (usually reliable)
supplier.

Just the luck of the draw - win some, lose some as - as my green-fingered
late grandfather used to say when tending his massive (around an acre) veg
garden that used to feed the family all-year round - along supply bacon,
eggs and chickens he used to keep and slaughter for sale.

Old 31-07-2013, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given
that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Let It Be" wrote in news:ktbfpm$qjc$1@dont-
email.me:

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given
that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas now"
Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

Baz
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow?
Given that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas
now" Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

That would be a grave thing to do, perhaps warranted by the acute
situation

It was a joke. Was meant to read.
You are taking the **** now.
Well I thought it was funny.

Baz
Old 01-08-2013, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/08/2013 10:51, Baz wrote:
"Let It wrote in news:ktbfpm$qjc$1@dont-
email.me:

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given
that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas now"
Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

Baz

LOL! I like that :~))

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/08/2013 11:10, Baz wrote:
Martin wrote in

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas
now" Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

That would be a grave thing to do, perhaps warranted by the acute
situation

It was a joke. Was meant to read.
You are taking the **** now.
Well I thought it was funny.

Baz

Baz - it *was* funny and Martin was carrying the jokč further. He was
using word play - based on the acute and grave symbols in the French
language.

HTH

--
Wendy Tinley
SE Sheffield

Old 01-08-2013, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chris Hogg wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow?
Given that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas
now" Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

Baz

"Vous avez mange tout" perhaps!

No, not really at all.

Baz
Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given
that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas now"
Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

That would be a grave thing to do, perhaps warranted by the acute
situation

Very good!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 01-08-2013, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given
that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas now"
Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

Baz

"Vous avez mange tout" perhaps!

Or even "sucre bleu"
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow?
Given that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas
now" Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

Baz

"Vous avez mange tout" perhaps!

Or even "sucre bleu"

You eat everything blue sugar. Please, what does that mean?

Maintenant, vous ętes ŕ la fois prenez la ****e.

Baz