Old 01-08-2013, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I'm livid

Baz wrote in :

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2013-08-01 12:24:56 +0100, Chris Hogg said:

On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 09:51:42 GMT, Baz wrote:

"Let It Be" wrote in news:ktbfpm$qjc$1@dont-
email.me:

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow?
Given that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas
now" Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

Baz

"Vous avez mange tout" perhaps!

Or even "sucre bleu"

You eat everything blue sugar. Please, what does that mean?

Maintenant, vous êtes à la fois prenez la ****e.

Baz

Mais je sais que tu plaisantais.

Baz
Old 01-08-2013, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given
that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas now"
Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

That would be a grave thing to do, perhaps warranted by the acute
situation

Very good!

A prize if you can use a cedilla?

Ce dill a goesa witha da fisha?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 01-08-2013, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-01 15:28:21 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow?
Given that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas
now" Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

Baz

"Vous avez mange tout" perhaps!

Or even "sucre bleu"

You eat everything blue sugar. Please, what does that mean?

Maintenant, vous êtes à la fois prenez la ****e.

Baz

I think you meant to say on fait un jeu des mots, Baz! ;-) 'mangez
tout' is a pun on mangetout peas. Sucre bleu was a very poor pun on
the French expletive 'sacre bleu'. I couldn't understand a word of
this in Dutch or German and would struggle in Italian very badly. I
just happened to learn French from a very young age, though if it had
been Chinese it would probably be more useful now! Martin's wife speaks
fluent French, so obviously some has rubbed off on him!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-01 15:28:21 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
[...]

Si évidemment certains ont déteint sur lui.
très mal il semble.
pas un problème
Je peux voir le côté drôle de maintenant!
même si je ne comprends pas.

Baz
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chris Hogg wrote in
:

On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 14:28:21 GMT, Baz wrote:

Sacha wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow?
Given that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point.

Next year two lots of peas, clearly labelled His and Hers!

Then he'll have double the crop for no effort on his part. ROTFL

Then, and only then, write a letter saying "you are taking the peas
now" Of course you will have to write it in a foreign accent.

Baz

"Vous avez mange tout" perhaps!

Or even "sucre bleu"

You eat everything blue sugar. Please, what does that mean?

Maintenant, vous êtes à la fois prenez la ****e.

Baz

The OP was complaining that her brother had nicked all the peas. Mange
tout is a play on mangetout, a variety of pea.

So, it is mangetout, not a play, but the same word split into two?
I honestly don't get it. Never mind, I will get it eventually.

Thanks Chris
Baz

Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-01 15:28:21 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
[...]

C'est un beau geste d'un gentil homme!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-01 19:23:44 +0100, Baz said:

Chris Hogg wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
[...]

The pea itself is called mangetout meaning 'eat all of it' because one
does eat the whole thing, pod and all. And 'vous avez mangé tout' means
youve eaten everything. No more than that!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-01 15:28:21 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
[...]

And there I was thinking that Sacre Blue was a large church in Paris
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/08/2013 19:23, Baz wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
[...]

I thought All peas were split in two.

And do remember folks this is UK rec gardening not EU.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2013-08-01 19:09:02 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2013-08-01 15:28:21 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in
:

Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in news:b5vpqcFb1a8U2
@mid.individual.net:

On 2013-08-01 15:28:21 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
[...]

And there I was thinking that Dell Boy held all the cards. Mange two,
Rodney, mange two.
Bonjour
Baz
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-01 19:23:44 +0100, Baz said:

Chris Hogg wrote in
:

Tahiri wrote:
"
[...]

Oh, I see now How stupid am I? J'ai mal lu la chose. Je me sens stupide
maintenant.

Désolé
Baz
Old 01-08-2013, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in :

I thought All peas were split in two.

And do remember folks this is UK rec gardening not EU.

Ok, Dave. But I think others will disagree with that.

Baz
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Baz wrote:
Sacha wrote in :

The pea itself is called mangetout meaning 'eat all of it' because one
does eat the whole thing, pod and all. And 'vous avez mangé tout' means
youve eaten everything. No more than that!

Oh, I see now How stupid am I? J'ai mal lu la chose. Je me sens stupide
maintenant.

Not to be confused with the telephone callers that try to sell you
things you don't want, which are mangy touts.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.