Old 30-07-2013, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I'm livid

The agreement was that my brother and I would share my land and the crops,
whether or not we grew them at home.

He's picked every pea and gone on holiday. I've tended the peas and watered
them and I am more than annoyed. Peas are my favourite veg.
I half want to change the padlock. I might still do it as he seems
incapable of not filling it all up and asking me what I want to grow.
I'm more than ticked off.

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given that
it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the point.
He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He isn't.

Old 30-07-2013, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

OK, so the 'damage' has been done. Any sense in throwing a wobbly? Will it
repair the 'damage'? And the answer to both questions is ......... no. What
is done is done. Move on and live your life as from NOW, not from half and
hour ago. If you still keep on about it and letting it upset you, he has
scored twice. He has controlled you. Is that what you want? Be calm. Let it
go. Live from now on. Carpe Diem

Don't let ANYBODY control your feelings. YOU are in charge of those :-)

Have a nice evening.

Mike

Old 30-07-2013, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/07/2013 20:40, Christina Websell wrote:
The agreement was that my brother and I would share my land and the crops,
whether or not we grew them at home.

He's picked every pea and gone on holiday. I've tended the peas and watered
them and I am more than annoyed. Peas are my favourite veg.
I half want to change the padlock. I might still do it as he seems
incapable of not filling it all up and asking me what I want to grow.
I'm more than ticked off.

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given that
it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the point.
He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He isn't.

I don't know why you are surprised at this, I seem to remember you going
on about him doing the same thing last year, and given the chance he
will do it again next year.
David

Old 30-07-2013, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Christina Websell
writes
The agreement was that my brother and I would share my land and the crops,
whether or not we grew them at home.

He's picked every pea and gone on holiday. I've tended the peas and
watered
them and I am more than annoyed. Peas are my favourite veg.
I half want to change the padlock. I might still do it as he seems
incapable of not filling it all up and asking me what I want to grow.
I'm more than ticked off.

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given
that
it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the point.
He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He isn't.

Tina, but I find details of your sibling rivalry of no interest
whatsoever, even if it does involve gardening. Please take any future
tantrums elsewhere.

--
Malcolm

thanks for your support.

Old 30-07-2013, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tuesday 30 July 2013 21:27 David Hill wrote in uk.rec.gardening:

[...]

If that's the case, lock him out and tell him why. He is not trustworthy,
brother or not.

Old 30-07-2013, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Malcolm wrote:
[...]

Nah! Give her a shotgun so that she can shoot his "peas" off! vbg.

From one who's well versed in sibling rivalry - and there's nothing I like
better than ****ing my sister off..

Old 30-07-2013, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Christina Websell wrote:
The agreement was that my brother and I would share my land and the
crops, whether or not we grew them at home.

He's picked every pea and gone on holiday. I've tended the peas and
watered them and I am more than annoyed. Peas are my favourite veg.
I half want to change the padlock. I might still do it as he seems
incapable of not filling it all up and asking me what I want to grow.
I'm more than ticked off.

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given
that it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but
that's not the point. He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He
isn't.

"I'm livid" - there's a song in that headline somewhere. Any songwriters
here who would like to oblige?

As for the OP, consider youself damned lucky, I planted a whole pack of seed
peas this year and what did I get in return -------- just three of the
beggers to just show their heads through the earth. In temper, I ripped 'em
up and planted annual flowers in their place to keep SWMBO happy - and the
rest of the seed peas must have acted like a flower fertiliser as the
flowers are going great guns.

Old 30-07-2013, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

Let's just say I want to but he's my brother and it makes it difficult.

Old 30-07-2013, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:06:30 +0100, Malcolm
wrote:

In article , Christina Websell
writes

snip

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given
that
it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the
point.
He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He isn't.

Tina, but I find details of your sibling rivalry of no interest
whatsoever, even if it does involve gardening. Please take any future
tantrums elsewhere.

That's your name removed from the list of beneficiaries on her will.
:-)

absolutely. Sometimes I find Malcolm's posts of no interest but I am far
too polite to say so.
Unlike himself.

Old 31-07-2013, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-30 22:43:45 +0100, Christina Websell said:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

But you must sort it out between you and talk to him. I quite
understand your frustration but as has been said this came up last year
and unless you resolve it now, will come up next year, without doubt.
None of us can help you. Only you can do that. Of course, everyone
here has sometimes sounded off about an occasional frustration but when
those repeat themselves and it seems that nothing is done to cure the
problem, it is then outside the group's power to assist you. It is
just possible that, knowing peas do tend to come again, he thought he
was saving you a picking problem with the best of intentions. I do
think that the best and only real advice you can take is "talk it over".
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 31-07-2013, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 Christina Websell wrote:

The agreement was that my brother and I would share my land and the crops,
whether or not we grew them at home.

He's picked every pea and gone on holiday. I've tended the peas and watered
them and I am more than annoyed. Peas are my favourite veg.
I half want to change the padlock. I might still do it as he seems
incapable of not filling it all up and asking me what I want to grow.
I'm more than ticked off.

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given that
it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the point.
He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He isn't.

Is this a repost of a message you sent some time ago? I know this
sometimes happens when clocks are changed.

David

Old 31-07-2013, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 Martin wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:27:43 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 30/07/2013 20:40, Christina Websell wrote:
The agreement was that my brother and I would share my land and the crops,
whether or not we grew them at home.

He's picked every pea and gone on holiday. I've tended the peas and watered
them and I am more than annoyed. Peas are my favourite veg.
I half want to change the padlock. I might still do it as he seems
incapable of not filling it all up and asking me what I want to grow.
I'm more than ticked off.

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given that
it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the point.
He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He isn't.

I don't know why you are surprised at this, I seem to remember you going
on about him doing the same thing last year, and given the chance he
will do it again next year.

Christina had better save her post to avoid having to type it again.

I thought she had!

David

Old 31-07-2013, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Malcolm wrote in
:

Well, I think it is on topic. Also I din't think that is a tantrum.
But that is only my opinion.

Baz
Old 31-07-2013, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/07/2013 20:40, Christina Websell wrote:
The agreement was that my brother and I would share my land and the crops,
whether or not we grew them at home.

He's picked every pea and gone on holiday. I've tended the peas and watered
them and I am more than annoyed. Peas are my favourite veg.
I half want to change the padlock. I might still do it as he seems
incapable of not filling it all up and asking me what I want to grow.
I'm more than ticked off.

Is it too much to ask that he liases with me about what to grow? Given that
it's my ground and it cost a whole lot of money, but that's not the point.
He thinks he's going to get it when I die. He isn't.

I do have some sympathy with your situation. I think you're going to
have to tell him he's a selfish git. He may not even realise how
selfish he is and how much he's upsetting you. Perhaps as the end of
the season approaches and you both start to talk about seeds for next
year, you should sit him down (sit on him, if need be!) and read the
riot act. He's got to see it from your point of view. Also, maybe
order lots more pea seeds for next year.
--
Spider
from high ground in SE London