GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Campanula persicifolia - any suggestions ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207932-campanula-persicifolia-any-suggestions.html)

Cosmo Genovese 30-07-2013 09:25 PM

Campanula persicifolia - any suggestions ?

Lovely plant. I have planted it several times. It doesn't die but what happens every time is the plant merely produces basal growth the next year with no flower stem. What is more the ones that grow from seed do the same. They come up every year and look very healthy but only produce basal growth. It happened on clay soil in my old garden and now on sandy soil. Any ideas please ?