GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Greengages (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207966-greengages.html)

Pete C[_2_] 03-08-2013 09:26 PM

Greengages

sp?? How do I know when they are ready to pick?
--
Pete C

'Mike'[_4_] 03-08-2013 09:35 PM

Greengages

They taste good :-)

Had a Gage tree in my garden in Leicester and they were superb.

Mike

Bob Hobden 03-08-2013 10:46 PM

Greengages

"Pete C" wrote ...

sp?? How do I know when they are ready to pick?

Try one, it should be soft, sweet and like honey. The Victorians used to
say plums were for cooking, greengages were for eating.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Derek Turner 05-08-2013 09:02 AM

Greengages

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 21:26:12 +0100, Pete C wrote:

sp?? How do I know when they are ready to pick?

The wasps will probably tell you :)

Pete C[_2_] 05-08-2013 09:32 AM

Greengages

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 21:26:12 +0100, Pete C wrote:

sp?? How do I know when they are ready to pick?

The wasps will probably tell you :)

Never thought of that, ta :)
--
Pete C