Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Turbo trowel

The handle of my favourite trowel disintegrated the other day so I've
had to come up with a replacement.
I had a hand lance that was broken so the handle from that with some
drilling and a load of plastic padding and this is the result.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps30f6982d.jpg
Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 10:27:59 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

The handle of my favourite trowel disintegrated the other day so I've
had to come up with a replacement.
I had a hand lance that was broken so the handle from that with some
drilling and a load of plastic padding and this is the result.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps30f6982d.jpg

Good bit of improvisation. In retrospect I am not sure that if you
were able to develop a powered version it would do much other than
throw earth over anyone standing near you. A mini powered hand held
auger does, however, have potential.
--
rbel
Old 08-08-2013, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/08/2013 10:27, David Hill wrote:
The handle of my favourite trowel disintegrated the other day so I've
had to come up with a replacement.
I had a hand lance that was broken so the handle from that with some
drilling and a load of plastic padding and this is the result.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps30f6982d.jpg

Great job, David! Looks comfortable to use and probably gives you lots
of satisfaction.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 09-08-2013, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

The handle of my favourite trowel disintegrated the other day so I've
had to come up with a replacement.

Good bit of improvisation.

A mini powered hand held
auger does, however, have potential.

Although it is almost sacrilegious to the tools and the craftsment who
who once treasured them,sets of auger bits that used to go in a
carpenters brace can be found very cheap at junk stalls,boot sales
etc. I found two sets in my late fathers shed while clearing. The
best set I keep for the occasional wood work job ,larger bits from the
rougher set in the chuck of a cordless drill have made short work of
drilling neat holes in hardish soil for sowing runner beans etc.

G.Harman
Old 09-08-2013, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 09/08/2013 08:31, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 14:54:36 +0100, wrote:

On 07/08/2013 10:27, David Hill wrote:
The handle of my favourite trowel disintegrated the other day so I've
had to come up with a replacement.
I had a hand lance that was broken so the handle from that with some
drilling and a load of plastic padding and this is the result.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps30f6982d.jpg

Great job, David! Looks comfortable to use and probably gives you lots
of satisfaction.

Soon to be seen on Dragons' Den?

It's exclusive, so probably quite expensive. Anyway, David's too busy
with his dahlias to faff about on DD :~).

Old 11-08-2013, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
The handle of my favourite trowel disintegrated the other day so I've had
to come up with a replacement.
I had a hand lance that was broken so the handle from that with some
drilling and a load of plastic padding and this is the result.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...s30f6982d.jpgd

Looks great David - how many gears does it have ?.....:-)

Bill

Old 11-08-2013, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/08/2013 22:02, Bill Grey wrote:
"David Hill" wrote in message
The handle of my favourite trowel disintegrated the other day so I've had
to come up with a replacement.
I had a hand lance that was broken so the handle from that with some
drilling and a load of plastic padding and this is the result.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...s30f6982d.jpgd

Looks great David - how many gears does it have ?.....:-)

Bill

Well it's semi automatic so has a range of speeds, but otherwise I have
to change gear.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
The handle of my favourite trowel disintegrated the other day so I've
had
to come up with a replacement.
I had a hand lance that was broken so the handle from that with some
drilling and a load of plastic padding and this is the result.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...s30f6982d.jpgd

Looks great David - how many gears does it have ?.....:-)

Bill

Well it's semi automatic so has a range of speeds, but otherwise I have to
change gear.

Good Answer :-)

Bill

Anyone ever take apart / disassemble a Gardena Turbo Drive sprinklerhead? Home Guy Lawns 3 19-08-2013 02:57 AM
Really strong hand trowel Rob United Kingdom 10 24-04-2010 03:22 AM
trowel? BB[_2_] United Kingdom 8 07-06-2008 01:16 AM
Hand trowel & fork suggestions Mike United Kingdom 6 11-08-2004 01:13 PM
Fluidart Turbo Vortex, any good?? R Brad Stamm Ponds 1 06-05-2003 12:32 PM