GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dahlias; scented? hardy? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208061-dahlias%3B-scented-hardy.html)

Pam Moore[_2_] 15-08-2013 04:58 PM

Dahlias; scented? hardy?

I have some dahlias grown from seed which David sent me. They have
survived 2 winters in the open garden, in big pots. I had so many that
I gave some to 2 friends. Theirs have survived too. They are just
starting to flower.
Biggest enemy so far: slugs and snails!
I didn't know there were scented dahlias, but would buy some if they
were available.

Pam in Bristol

sacha 15-08-2013 05:58 PM

Dahlias; scented? hardy?

On 2013-08-15 16:58:10 +0100, Pam Moore said:

I have some dahlias grown from seed which David sent me. They have
survived 2 winters in the open garden, in big pots. I had so many that
I gave some to 2 friends. Theirs have survived too. They are just
starting to flower.
Biggest enemy so far: slugs and snails!
I didn't know there were scented dahlias, but would buy some if they
were available.

Pam in Bristol

David Hill will know much more about this. I've heard of them but never
seen them and afaik, they're quite a new thing. I'd like to know if
they're worth growing for their scent.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Victoria Conlan[_2_] 16-08-2013 12:41 AM

Dahlias; scented? hardy?

Pam Moore wrote:
Biggest enemy so far: slugs and snails!

All my dahlias that I bought as plants all got munched. :-(