Old 21-08-2013, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Glasshouse clearance update

Well getting through the jungle slowly, I reckon I have cut and burned
around half a ton of vegetation so far and more to go.
I have cleared 40 ft of the first bay and 30 ft of the second one.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7e4035ff.jpg
this shows the site taken through the glass at one end
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psd07ef122.jpg
Once all the plant material is gone then it will be a fairly quick job
to get the pots, timber and old benches cleared.
The new greenhouses are being delivered on the 3rd of Sept, so I have a
deadline to work to.
Not helped by the wife having a rash of medical appointments this week
and next, 7 in all and a day out for her birthday.
David @ an overcast side of Swansea Bay
Old 21-08-2013, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/08/2013 09:47, David Hill wrote:
Well getting through the jungle slowly, I reckon I have cut and burned
around half a ton of vegetation so far and more to go.
I have cleared 40 ft of the first bay and 30 ft of the second one.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7e4035ff.jpg

this shows the site taken through the glass at one end
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psd07ef122.jpg

Once all the plant material is gone then it will be a fairly quick job
to get the pots, timber and old benches cleared.
The new greenhouses are being delivered on the 3rd of Sept, so I have a
deadline to work to.
Not helped by the wife having a rash of medical appointments this week
and next, 7 in all and a day out for her birthday.
David @ an overcast side of Swansea Bay

Not a day out at hospital I hope!
Old 21-08-2013, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Broadback wrote in
:

On 21/08/2013 09:47, David Hill wrote:
Well getting through the jungle slowly, I reckon I have cut and
burned around half a ton of vegetation so far and more to go.
I have cleared 40 ft of the first bay and 30 ft of the second one.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...asshouse%20cle
arance/Aug21st01_zps7e4035ff.jpg

this shows the site taken through the glass at one end
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...asshouse%20cle
arance/Aug21st03throughglass_zpsd07ef122.jpg

Once all the plant material is gone then it will be a fairly quick
job to get the pots, timber and old benches cleared.
The new greenhouses are being delivered on the 3rd of Sept, so I have
a deadline to work to.
Not helped by the wife having a rash of medical appointments this
week and next, 7 in all and a day out for her birthday.
David @ an overcast side of Swansea Bay

Not a day out at hospital I hope!

Looks like a huge task!
Can you get help with it? I mean from the local council. They will surely
help you.

Good luck with it. I hope it is a simpler task than it looks.
Baz
Old 21-08-2013, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/08/2013 11:29, Baz wrote:
Broadback wrote in
:

[...]

Surely this is not your garden David? I am sure you would never have let
it get into that condition.
Old 21-08-2013, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Broadback wrote in
:

On 21/08/2013 11:29, Baz wrote:
Broadback wrote in
:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Glasshouse%20c
le arance/Aug21st01_zps7e4035ff.jpg

this shows the site taken through the glass at one end
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Glasshouse%20c
le arance/Aug21st03throughglass_zpsd07ef122.jpg

Once all the plant material is gone then it will be a fairly quick
job to get the pots, timber and old benches cleared.
The new greenhouses are being delivered on the 3rd of Sept, so I
have a deadline to work to.
Not helped by the wife having a rash of medical appointments this
week and next, 7 in all and a day out for her birthday.
David @ an overcast side of Swansea Bay
Not a day out at hospital I hope!

Looks like a huge task!
Can you get help with it? I mean from the local council. They will
surely help you.

Good luck with it. I hope it is a simpler task than it looks.
Baz

Surely this is not your garden David? I am sure you would never have
let it get into that condition.

I was thinking that too.

Baz

Old 21-08-2013, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/08/2013 11:39, Broadback wrote:
On 21/08/2013 11:29, Baz wrote:
Broadback wrote in
:

[...]

I'm afraid it is my place, it was one of those jobs you put off, having
so much to do and the wife's health not being good, and many other excuses.
No chance of any help, and certainly not the council, I'll probably have
to ferry the glass to recycling over several months or they will object.
They weren't happy when I took an old fridge to be recycled that I
hadn't de greased and cleaned it.
Just me and my poor old aching body.
David @ overcast Swansea Bay
Old 21-08-2013, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wednesday 21 August 2013 14:32 David Hill wrote in uk.rec.gardening:

I'm afraid it is my place, it was one of those jobs you put off, having
so much to do and the wife's health not being good, and many other
excuses. No chance of any help, and certainly not the council, I'll
probably have to ferry the glass to recycling over several months or they
will object. They weren't happy when I took an old fridge to be recycled
that I hadn't de greased and cleaned it.
Just me and my poor old aching body.
David @ overcast Swansea Bay

Hire a skip if you can. Clearances like this are bad enough without making a
meal of ferrying the crap about.