Old 22-08-2013, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Echinosum's posts

It may be that he can't read or reply at present. Perhaps people who
are bothered by it can just kill the thread, depending on their news
reader, of course.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 22-08-2013, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/08/2013 18:23, Sacha wrote:
It may be that he can't read or reply at present. Perhaps people who
are bothered by it can just kill the thread, depending on their news
reader, of course.

I would if I could.
Old 22-08-2013, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-22 20:20:42 +0100, David Hill said:

On 22/08/2013 18:23, Sacha wrote:
It may be that he can't read or reply at present. Perhaps people who
are bothered by it can just kill the thread, depending on their news
reader, of course.

I would if I could.

I've seen another repeat this evening and it seems that something is
severely awry with his server. No other Garden Banter posts are doing
this that we know of, presumably?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 22-08-2013, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-22 20:20:42 +0100, David Hill said:

On 22/08/2013 18:23, Sacha wrote:
It may be that he can't read or reply at present. Perhaps people who
are bothered by it can just kill the thread, depending on their news
reader, of course.

I would if I could.

I've seen another repeat this evening and it seems that something is
severely awry with his server. No other Garden Banter posts are doing this
that we know of, presumably?
--

I've had this dredging up of ancient posts before on another ng. People
often don't notice the original date and reply.

Tina

Old 23-08-2013, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

It may be that he can't read or reply at present. Perhaps people who
are bothered by it can just kill the thread, depending on their news
reader, of course.

Why not just kill file the original poster? If he's the sort of poster
who posts a message and can't be bothered to look for any replies then
any further postings he or she makes are of no interest to me. So
he/she now resides in the darkness of my killfile.

Peter

--
-
The e-mail address obviously doesn't exist. If it's essential

Old 23-08-2013, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-23 16:36:29 +0100, Peter James said:

Sacha wrote:

It may be that he can't read or reply at present. Perhaps people who
are bothered by it can just kill the thread, depending on their news
reader, of course.

Why not just kill file the original poster? If he's the sort of poster
who posts a message and can't be bothered to look for any replies then
any further postings he or she makes are of no interest to me. So
he/she now resides in the darkness of my killfile.

Peter

Echinosum has been posting here for quite a while and has never given a
bad impression that I'm aware of. I imagine some kind of major computer
glitch has led to this and to the lack of reply. I think it's leaping
to conclusions to think that he's 'not bothered' to look at the group
or the problem.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 23-08-2013, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Something wrong somewhere, I get two of everything.

However as it is not life threatening and there are far more important
things to concern ones self, I ignore them and can strongly recommend not
getting your knickers in a twist, as some people seem to on this forum.

Kind regards

Mike

"Janet" wrote in message
t...

In article ,
says...

If he's the sort of poster
who posts a message and can't be bothered to look for any replies then
any further postings he or she makes are of no interest to me.

As any reader of urg gardening threads should know by now, he isn't
that sort of poster; he's a knowledgeable gardener, an experienced
internet user, and longterm well respected regular here.

So
he/she now resides in the darkness of my killfile.

Maybe he will germinate there, and increase your horticultural input
to the group.

Janet.

Old 23-08-2013, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/08/2013 18:11, 'Mike' wrote:

Something wrong somewhere, I get two of everything.

However as it is not life threatening and there are far more important
things to concern ones self, I ignore them and can strongly recommend
not getting your knickers in a twist, as some people seem to on this forum.

Not life threatening, but if no one says anything then a problem can't
be identified and hopefully corrected. and I do consider that 13 copies
over 3 days, all dated and timed the same then there is something wrong.
Somewhere

And for those saying he doesn't read his posts for answers, remember he
was answering a question not asking one.
David @ a damp side of Swansea Bay.

Old 23-08-2013, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/08/2013 18:42, David Hill wrote:
On 23/08/2013 18:11, 'Mike' wrote:

Something wrong somewhere, I get two of everything.

However as it is not life threatening and there are far more important
things to concern ones self, I ignore them and can strongly recommend
not getting your knickers in a twist, as some people seem to on this
forum.

Not life threatening, but if no one says anything then a problem can't
be identified and hopefully corrected. and I do consider that 13 copies
over 3 days, all dated and timed the same then there is something wrong.
Somewhere

And for those saying he doesn't read his posts for answers, remember he
was answering a question not asking one.
David @ a damp side of Swansea Bay.

And now it has reached 17 copies to date.
To paraphrase
"Will no one rid me of this turbulent pest?"

Old 23-08-2013, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I take your point and agree with you David with regards to 'drawing it to
someone's attention', but whilst there are only a few subscribers to this
forum, do they ALL have to put their oar in? Accept it and move on!

Mike

Old 23-08-2013, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-23 18:42:12 +0100, David Hill said:

And for those saying he doesn't read his posts for answers, remember he
was answering a question not asking one.
David @ a damp side of Swansea Bay.

He may, of course, have sent the post and gone on holiday and be
totally unaware of all this to-do!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 25-08-2013, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jake" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 22:57:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I've had this dredging up of ancient posts before on another ng. People
often don't notice the original date and reply.

This isn't a case of ancient posts - rather one of repeated appearance
of very recent posts. In one case the repetition is now 15+, in the
other, it seemed to die off after a few.

It's still a server problem.
Tina

Your posts :) Jasminka United Kingdom 1 10-03-2003 09:32 AM
Echo Posts in rec.gardens.roses Cass Roses 4 08-03-2003 01:32 AM
Regarding all of these OT posts steve l Gardening 4 18-02-2003 09:03 PM
Wooden 4x4 vs Vinyl or Plastic posts? dp Gardening 16 15-02-2003 05:51 AM