GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lidl Alliums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208202-lidl-alliums.html)

Pam Moore[_2_] 22-08-2013 06:51 PM

Lidl Alliums

I asked recently for recommendations of Allium varieties. I was a bit
alarmed at the price of them when I looked on sites like Parkers.
Bought some in Lidl today at £1.79 for a pack of 2. Time will tell how
well they do!

Pam in Bristol

sacha 22-08-2013 06:54 PM

Lidl Alliums

On 2013-08-22 17:51:27 +0000, Pam Moore said:

I asked recently for recommendations of Allium varieties. I was a bit
alarmed at the price of them when I looked on sites like Parkers.
Bought some in Lidl today at £1.79 for a pack of 2. Time will tell how
well they do!

Pam in Bristol

To some extent, performance DOES depend on size. ;-) (of bulb and type)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

'Mike'[_4_] 22-08-2013 07:06 PM

Lidl Alliums

Pam don't worry about where certain things come from for your garden. On a
very regular basis we, well 'The Gardener', will purchase Herbs etc from
Morrisons, or Safeway as they were.

And after all, she has over 50 years of gardening experience, is that a good
enough recommendation for you?

Kind regards

Mike

Pete C[_2_] 22-08-2013 09:31 PM

Lidl Alliums

On 2013-08-22 17:51:27 +0000, Pam Moore said:

I asked recently for recommendations of Allium varieties. I was a bit
alarmed at the price of them when I looked on sites like Parkers.
Bought some in Lidl today at £1.79 for a pack of 2. Time will tell how
well they do!

Pam in Bristol

To some extent, performance DOES depend on size. ;-) (of bulb and type)

Nah, I disagree, it's how deep you plant it.....the bulb that is ;)
--
Pete C
Adventure before dementia

sacha 25-08-2013 06:33 PM

Lidl Alliums

On 2013-08-22 17:51:27 +0000, Pam Moore said:

I asked recently for recommendations of Allium varieties. I was a bit
alarmed at the price of them when I looked on sites like Parkers.
Bought some in Lidl today at £1.79 for a pack of 2. Time will tell how
well they do!

Pam in Bristol

To some extent, performance DOES depend on size. ;-) (of bulb and type)

Nah, I disagree, it's how deep you plant it.....the bulb that is ;)

I can't imagine what else you could *possibly* have meant, Pete!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com