Old 26-08-2013, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Birthday present for a lady gardener.

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 18:25:47 +0100, Jake
wrote:

For something unusual, have a look through http://www.niwaki.com. Not
cheap at all but secateur-wise, the best pairs (I have two) I've ever
had. They have household as well as garden things.

Looking at that site I recognised the step ladder which Monty used
when pruning his HIGH hedge on Friday night!

Pam in Bristol
Old 26-08-2013, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Baz wrote in :

Thanks for all of the ideas. Many of them are really tempting, esp. the
hollidays.
My auntie gave me the answer. A Lambretta scooter. Reykha has always wanted
one of he own.
Well I have 3. One which is complete (sx200 mine), and 2(Li150) which I am
slowly getting spares for.
I am in the process of buying her a GP200 in her favourite colour, red.
Just under £2000 and am waiting for DVLA to confirm ownership and milage.
I am pretty confident since it is presently owned by a fellow bike club
member.
I will have that bike here, as soon as I have the word from the DVLA.

Thanks to all.
Baz
Old 26-08-2013, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Baz are you on the Island now?

Pop in and see us.

Seen quite a few of my Lambrettas this weekend.

LD, LI, GT200.

Still tempted. Sold my Bonny

Mike

Old 26-08-2013, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/08/2013 12:58, Baz wrote:
Baz wrote in :

Thanks for all of the ideas. Many of them are really tempting, esp. the
hollidays.
My auntie gave me the answer. A Lambretta scooter. Reykha has always wanted
one of he own.
Well I have 3. One which is complete (sx200 mine), and 2(Li150) which I am
slowly getting spares for.
I am in the process of buying her a GP200 in her favourite colour, red.
Just under £2000 and am waiting for DVLA to confirm ownership and milage.
I am pretty confident since it is presently owned by a fellow bike club
member.
I will have that bike here, as soon as I have the word from the DVLA.

Thanks to all.
Baz

Glad youv'e found an answer.
Though I thought that a Lambretta was what French sheep wore on their heads.
Old 26-08-2013, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:32:23 +0200, Martin wrote:

And. no doubt, he's been through 4 fork handles!

and hoes.

'o's, other wise it doesn't work the 'ose pipe or panty 'ose, the
wanted item is a letter O.

And the first bit is wrong as well should be "for' khandles" as in
handles for forks.

One of the all time classic comedy sketches along with the Dead
Parrot.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 26-08-2013, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

On 26/08/2013 12:58, Baz wrote:
Baz wrote in :

Thanks for all of the ideas. Many of them are really tempting, esp.
the hollidays.
My auntie gave me the answer. A Lambretta scooter. Reykha has always
wanted one of he own.
Well I have 3. One which is complete (sx200 mine), and 2(Li150) which
I am slowly getting spares for.
I am in the process of buying her a GP200 in her favourite colour,
red. Just under £2000 and am waiting for DVLA to confirm ownership
and milage. I am pretty confident since it is presently owned by a
fellow bike club member.
I will have that bike here, as soon as I have the word from the DVLA.

Thanks to all.
Baz

Glad youv'e found an answer.
Though I thought that a Lambretta was what French sheep wore on their
heads.

Must be lost in translation then.
Old 27-08-2013, 12:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-26 15:08:42 +0000, Baz said:

David Hill wrote in
:

On 26/08/2013 12:58, Baz wrote:
Baz wrote in :

Thanks for all of the ideas. Many of them are really tempting, esp.
the hollidays.
My auntie gave me the answer. A Lambretta scooter. Reykha has always
wanted one of he own.
Well I have 3. One which is complete (sx200 mine), and 2(Li150) which
I am slowly getting spares for.
I am in the process of buying her a GP200 in her favourite colour,
red. Just under £2000 and am waiting for DVLA to confirm ownership
and milage. I am pretty confident since it is presently owned by a
fellow bike club member.
I will have that bike here, as soon as I have the word from the DVLA.

Thanks to all.
Baz

Glad youv'e found an answer.
Though I thought that a Lambretta was what French sheep wore on their
heads.

Must be lost in translation then.

Biretta. Hat worn by priests.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 27-08-2013, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Martin wrote:
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 23:33:42 +0100, sacha wrote:

Glad youv'e found an answer.
Though I thought that a Lambretta was what French sheep wore on their
heads.

Must be lost in translation then.

Biretta. Hat worn by priests.

in Italy too.

Notes for travellers. If an Italian is wearing either a biretta
or a beretta, he should be addressed as monsignor.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 27-08-2013, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

On 26/08/2013 12:58, Baz wrote:
Baz wrote in :

Thanks for all of the ideas. Many of them are really tempting, esp.
the hollidays.
My auntie gave me the answer. A Lambretta scooter. Reykha has always
wanted one of he own.
Well I have 3. One which is complete (sx200 mine), and 2(Li150) which
I am slowly getting spares for.
I am in the process of buying her a GP200 in her favourite colour,
red. Just under £2000 and am waiting for DVLA to confirm ownership
and milage. I am pretty confident since it is presently owned by a
fellow bike club member.
I will have that bike here, as soon as I have the word from the DVLA.

Thanks to all.
Baz

Glad youv'e found an answer.
Though I thought that a Lambretta was what French sheep wore on their
heads.

I thought a Ford was a shallow place in a river or stream.
I also thought that a Hillman was not an imp.
Viva meant alive.

Cheers, David.

Baz
Old 27-08-2013, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Glad youv'e found an answer.
Though I thought that a Lambretta was what French sheep wore on their
heads.

I thought a Ford was a shallow place in a river or stream.
I also thought that a Hillman was not an imp.
Viva meant alive.

Cheers, David.

Baz

Any more like that and you will be Lambasted.

Old 29-08-2013, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Pam Moore wrote:

[ http://www.niwaki.com. ]

Looking at that site I recognised the step ladder which Monty used
when pruning his HIGH hedge on Friday night!

I noticed that ladder, and was wondering if I should get one of
that design. Currently I work rather too close to the top of my
existing steps for some pruning tasks, and caravan roof cleaning.

Clearly I don't want one that is too big, but since the safe
standing height is 2 or 3 steps from the top (what do they put
the other steps there for?) I'm not sure if I would be any better
off, and could end up with an expensive white elephant that was
unwieldy and difficult to store.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old 29-08-2013, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/08/2013 13:28, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Pam Moore wrote:

[ http://www.niwaki.com. ]

Looking at that site I recognised the step ladder which Monty used
when pruning his HIGH hedge on Friday night!

I noticed that ladder, and was wondering if I should get one of
that design. Currently I work rather too close to the top of my
existing steps for some pruning tasks, and caravan roof cleaning.

Clearly I don't want one that is too big, but since the safe
standing height is 2 or 3 steps from the top (what do they put
the other steps there for?) I'm not sure if I would be any better
off, and could end up with an expensive white elephant that was
unwieldy and difficult to store.

Chris

The extra steps are to hang your basket, bucket, tin of paint etc. from
or for those wanting them for suicide.