GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pollies Day Lilies (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208239-pollies-day-lilies.html)

Sacha[_11_] 31-08-2013 11:32 AM

Pollies Day Lilies

I've had some Hemerocallis from this nursery and her range is simply
amazing. I'm now in love with Jen Melon and Caramba. So while I
emphasise it is nothing to do with us, I do recommend
www.polliesdaylilies.co.uk/‎
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

David Hill 31-08-2013 12:54 PM

Pollies Day Lilies

On 31/08/2013 11:04, Jake wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 10:32:18 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

I've had some Hemerocallis from this nursery and her range is simply
amazing. I'm now in love with Jen Melon and Caramba. So while I
emphasise it is nothing to do with us, I do recommend
www.polliesdaylilies.co.uk/?

I'll second that. For some reason, 6 of 7 mature day lilies decided to
expire over the winter, despite being well-suited to the soil here and
the remaining one flowering its socks off (and still at it).

As well as having a fantastic range, Pollie is more than ready to
answer questions and offer advice. Whilst I've decided not to risk
replanting before the spring, I've been going through her catalogue
and am finding it really difficult to pare down the selection to just
half-a-dozen or so for which I have room. Maybe I'll have to resort to
giving her a blank cheque and letting her pick the six!

Strange, I have a mature clump of day lilies that every year for at
least 10 years has flowered well, this year not one flower spike.
I'll have to give it a good talking to and tell it another blank year
and it's out.
David @a sunny side of Swansea Bay, after a totally wet day yesterday.

Sacha[_11_] 31-08-2013 01:04 PM

Pollies Day Lilies

wrote:

I've had some Hemerocallis from this nursery and her range is simply
amazing. I'm now in love with Jen Melon and Caramba. So while I
emphasise it is nothing to do with us, I do recommend
www.polliesdaylilies.co.uk/?

I'll second that. For some reason, 6 of 7 mature day lilies decided to
expire over the winter, despite being well-suited to the soil here and
the remaining one flowering its socks off (and still at it).

As well as having a fantastic range, Pollie is more than ready to
answer questions and offer advice. Whilst I've decided not to risk
replanting before the spring, I've been going through her catalogue
and am finding it really difficult to pare down the selection to just
half-a-dozen or so for which I have room. Maybe I'll have to resort to
giving her a blank cheque and letting her pick the six!

Are they totally finished, as in rotted away in the winter wet? Or are
you leaving them in for another chance? One of our Dahlias didn't
appear this year and all the others are flowering as if on steroids!
--

Sacha
South Devon

S Viemeister[_2_] 31-08-2013 01:56 PM

Pollies Day Lilies

On 8/31/2013 5:32 AM, Sacha wrote:
I've had some Hemerocallis from this nursery and her range is simply
amazing. I'm now in love with Jen Melon and Caramba. So while I
emphasise it is nothing to do with us, I do recommend
www.polliesdaylilies.co.uk/‎

I've bookmarked that. I have a fondness for daylilies, and have masses
of them in NJ, but the Scottish garden needs loads more.

sacha 31-08-2013 02:24 PM

Pollies Day Lilies

On 2013-08-31 11:56:12 +0000, S Viemeister said:

On 8/31/2013 5:32 AM, Sacha wrote:
I've had some Hemerocallis from this nursery and her range is simply
amazing. I'm now in love with Jen Melon and Caramba. So while I
emphasise it is nothing to do with us, I do recommend
www.polliesdaylilies.co.uk/‎

I've bookmarked that. I have a fondness for daylilies, and have masses
of them in NJ, but the Scottish garden needs loads more.

Jen Melon and Caramba are new additions and aren't ready yet but I've
chosen a few others. She's extremely helpful and as it's a
smallish,family run nursery, you get that nice personal service, too.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Sacha[_11_] 31-08-2013 05:26 PM

Pollies Day Lilies

On 2013-08-31 14:52:14 +0100, Jake said:

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 13:24:16 +0100, sacha wrote:

Jen Melon and Caramba are new additions and aren't ready yet but I've
chosen a few others. She's extremely helpful and as it's a
smallish,family run nursery, you get that nice personal service, too.

My favourite is also not ready. Saw a pic last year - beautiful flower
form and as close to pure white as it gets. Can't remember the name
but when I enquire, Pollie always does (and seems to remember me too!)

I can't remember the name either but is it a 'frilly' one?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com