GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Potatoes. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208241-potatoes.html)

David Hill 31-08-2013 12:59 PM

Potatoes.

Where is the sense?
I was in Tesco this morning having forgotten to get milk yesterday, and
I looked at the "New potatoes".
The loose, soil covered ones were £2.00 a kilo whilst the washed,
prepack were £1.80 for 2.5 kilo.
Crazy or what?

Baz[_3_] 31-08-2013 05:58 PM

Potatoes.

Jake wrote in
:

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:59:02 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Where is the sense?
I was in Tesco this morning having forgotten to get milk yesterday, and
I looked at the "New potatoes".
The loose, soil covered ones were £2.00 a kilo whilst the washed,
prepack were £1.80 for 2.5 kilo.
Crazy or what?

Crazy indeed.

I panic-bought a bag in Lidl the other week. They were bootiful. I've
been back for more since.

Jake, do you grow your own and have eaten them? Ours are all eaten. The
shop ones seem too small to mess with. Can't scrape them.

Baz

David Hill 31-08-2013 09:04 PM

Potatoes.

On 31/08/2013 17:07, Jake wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 15:58:14 GMT, Baz wrote:

Jake, do you grow your own and have eaten them? Ours are all eaten. The
shop ones seem too small to mess with. Can't scrape them.

Baz

Not this year; no veg at all, just fruit now. We don't scrape new
potatoes, we eat them skin and all. Skin's the best bit.

I'll eat the skin when they first come in but now I still cook then in
their skins but peal them after boiling, much easier and you keep all
the flavour in.