GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rosa brunonni La Mortola (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208259-rosa-brunonni-la-mortola.html)

Sacha[_11_] 05-09-2013 10:52 AM

Rosa brunonni La Mortola

Is anyone growing this? A customer (who came in for a different rose
altogether) has sent us a photograph of his and it loks really lovely.
He says it's very vigorous - a bit thuggish with "a much larger flower
than the type". I'd never even heard of it but am now very inclined to
search for it.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 05-09-2013 04:23 PM

Rosa brunonni La Mortola

"Sacha" wrote in message
Is anyone growing this? A customer (who came in for a different rose
altogether) has sent us a photograph of his and it loks really lovely. He
says it's very vigorous - a bit thuggish with "a much larger flower than
the type". I'd never even heard of it but am now very inclined to search
for it.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Found it a bit tender (unless it was something else that killed it!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Sacha[_11_] 05-09-2013 05:37 PM

Rosa brunonni La Mortola

On 2013-09-05 16:23:34 +0100, Charlie Pridham said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
Is anyone growing this? A customer (who came in for a different rose
altogether) has sent us a photograph of his and it loks really lovely.
He says it's very vigorous - a bit thuggish with "a much larger flower
than the type". I'd never even heard of it but am now very inclined to
search for it.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Found it a bit tender (unless it was something else that killed it!

I wondered if that might be the case! I've ordered one from Austin's so
we'll have to put it somewhere sheltered, or relatively warm in winter.
However, the photo with it shows it growing up a house wall in (I
think) the Bristol area.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com