GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Something to think on perhaps! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208262-something-think-perhaps.html)

Sacha[_11_] 05-09-2013 06:51 PM

Something to think on perhaps!

From the preface to Strawberry Growing Complete by Edward Hyams.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9681611174/
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
www.helpforheroes.org.uk

'Mike'[_4_] 05-09-2013 07:23 PM

Something to think on perhaps!

Self praise is no recommendation

Mike

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

From the preface to Strawberry Growing Complete by Edward Hyams.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9681611174/
--

sacha 05-09-2013 08:19 PM

Something to think on perhaps!

On 2013-09-05 17:23:51 +0000, Mike said:

Self praise is no recommendation
Mike

"Sacha" wrote in message ...
From the preface to Strawberry Growing Complete by Edward Hyams.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9681611174/

You really are losing the plot Mike. I didn't write that preface,
this quote has nothing to do with us, other than that Hyams and his
first wife once owned this house and I mentioned neither of those facts
in my original post. You're the one who has alerted others to that! I
merely quoted something from an 'old time' plantsman and gardener which
is relevant to all gardeners.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

'Mike'[_4_] 05-09-2013 10:36 PM

Something to think on perhaps!

Now read it again. Are YOU and your fellow gardeners amongst the first
people in the preface?

NO, you are putting yourself amongst the second and polishing your halos.

Mike

On 2013-09-05 17:23:51 +0000, Mike said:

Self praise is no recommendation
Mike

"Sacha" wrote in message ...
From the preface to Strawberry Growing Complete by Edward Hyams.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9681611174/

You really are losing the plot Mike. I didn't write that preface,
this quote has nothing to do with us, other than that Hyams and his
first wife once owned this house and I mentioned neither of those facts
in my original post. You're the one who has alerted others to that! I
merely quoted something from an 'old time' plantsman and gardener which
is relevant to all gardeners.

I suspect that you are dysfunctional in terms of your capacity to deal
with real life. No 'normal' person would read that piece and see it as
an individual introducing a hagiography for members of urg! I do
assure you that when Hyams wrote that, he did not have members of a
newsgroup in mind.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

'Mike'[_4_] 06-09-2013 07:42 AM

Something to think on perhaps!

Very clever of you to twist it to that meaning.

Your original posting would have been better coming from a 'non gardening
Bricklayer' singing the praises of gardeners 'looking after the world'
rather than your 'self praising look how good we are' one.

Mike

On 2013-09-05 17:23:51 +0000, Mike said:

Self praise is no recommendation
Mike

"Sacha" wrote in message ...
From the preface to Strawberry Growing Complete by Edward Hyams.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9681611174/

You really are losing the plot Mike. I didn't write that preface,
this quote has nothing to do with us, other than that Hyams and his
first wife once owned this house and I mentioned neither of those facts
in my original post. You're the one who has alerted others to that! I
merely quoted something from an 'old time' plantsman and gardener which
is relevant to all gardeners.

I suspect that you are dysfunctional in terms of your capacity to deal
with real life. No 'normal' person would read that piece and see it as
an individual introducing a hagiography for members of urg! I do
assure you that when Hyams wrote that, he did not have members of a
newsgroup in mind.

Oh my goodness - I stopped reading and contributing to UK.Sci.Weather
because of this sort of 'troll-like behaviour'.

Sacha: I feel for you... my only recommendation is to ignore completely
follow-ups of this nature. You cannot hope to get your reasonably put
points acknowledged and neither do you have the time, inclination or
type of personality needed to respond to every troll-like slant and
sleight response. :(

--
Wendy Tinley
SE Sheffield

Sacha[_11_] 06-09-2013 02:30 PM

On 2013-09-06 13:28:30 +0100, Wendy Tinley said:
snip

Oh my goodness - I stopped reading and contributing to UK.Sci.Weather
because of this sort of 'troll-like behaviour'.

Sacha: I feel for you... my only recommendation is to ignore completely
follow-ups of this nature. You cannot hope to get your reasonably put
points acknowledged and neither do you have the time, inclination or
type of personality needed to respond to every troll-like slant and
sleight response. :(

I rarely reply to this pest, actually. But his behaviour lately is
starting to border on harassment so will have to be dealt with
accordingly.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Baz[_3_] 06-09-2013 05:53 PM

Something to think on perhaps!

Sacha wrote in news:b8u06qFch9oU1
@mid.individual.net:

On 2013-09-06 13:28:30 +0100, Wendy Tinley said:
snip

Oh my goodness - I stopped reading and contributing to UK.Sci.Weather
because of this sort of 'troll-like behaviour'.

Sacha: I feel for you... my only recommendation is to ignore completely
follow-ups of this nature. You cannot hope to get your reasonably put
points acknowledged and neither do you have the time, inclination or
type of personality needed to respond to every troll-like slant and
sleight response. :(

I rarely reply to this pest, actually. But his behaviour lately is
starting to border on harassment so will have to be dealt with
accordingly.

I think I know which pest.
KF him and think nothing else of it.

Baz