Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default sandemans seeds

Does anyone have any experience with them?

www.sandemanseeds.com

They have an interesting selection of maple seeds, including the A. nigrum
that I was looking for a while ago here. I ran across a fellow who is
selling some plants (although not that one) grown from their seeds, and
thought I might try an order. Not all the taxa are correctly named, and
the nursery I spoke to could tell me nothing about the provenance, or
whether what he was selling was true to type for that matter...

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 05-09-2013, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Emery that name as soon as I saw it rang alarm bells, I feel sure that they,
or a very similar name have been slated something horrible by uglers. I am
sorry if I am wrong, but forewarned is forearmed if I am right.

I don't know how to do a search on newsgroups and forums and there has been
some rubbish about archives but if it's there, someone will find it.

Wrong orders and lack of germination is coming to the fore.

Mike

Old 05-09-2013, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/09/2013 22:26, Emery Davis wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with them?

www.sandemanseeds.com

They have an interesting selection of maple seeds, including the A. nigrum
that I was looking for a while ago here. I ran across a fellow who is
selling some plants (although not that one) grown from their seeds, and
thought I might try an order. Not all the taxa are correctly named, and
the nursery I spoke to could tell me nothing about the provenance, or
whether what he was selling was true to type for that matter...

Google groups returns 89 hits for "Sandeman seeds" in English (245 hits
if other languages are added):
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...rs =&safe=off

--

Jeff
Old 06-09-2013, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 22:55:29 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:

Google groups returns 89 hits for "Sandeman seeds" in English (245 hits
if o

Thanks, so I saw. I thought someone here might have some personal
experience.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 06-09-2013, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 10:32:11 +0200, Martin wrote:

The only criticism I could find was the delay between ordering and
delivery. At least one person found this a good thing.

Potentially if it's really because the seeds are fresh, and they wait to
acquire before sending them out. But otherwise not a good thing if you
need to stratify over winter and sow at a specific time in order to get
enough size to survive the following winter...

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy