GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pin Charlie:Rhamnus alaternus propagation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208267-pin-charlie-rhamnus-alaternus-propagation.html)

Sacha[_11_] 06-09-2013 11:34 AM

pin Charlie:Rhamnus alaternus propagation

I'm going to see if there are any berries on ours. It's very difficult
to propagate but this is said to be 'the way to do it'. Istr Charlie
saying he was going to try it and am wondering if he had any success?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 10-09-2013 01:07 PM

"Sacha" wrote in message
I'm going to see if there are any berries on ours. It's very difficult to
propagate but this is said to be 'the way to do it'. Istr Charlie saying
he was going to try it and am wondering if he had any success?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
www.helpforheroes.org.uk

No he didn't! but I have bunged a few cuttings into the mist unit, I will
let you know, I originally got it from cuttings I took in early February,
only took 2 and one took, never got one to strike since! but to be fair I
don't try that often.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Sacha[_11_] 10-09-2013 01:51 PM

On 2013-09-10 13:07:14 +0100, Charlie Pridham said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
I'm going to see if there are any berries on ours. It's very difficult
to propagate but this is said to be 'the way to do it'. Istr Charlie
saying he was going to try it and am wondering if he had any success?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
www.helpforheroes.org.uk

No he didn't! but I have bunged a few cuttings into the mist unit, I
will let you know, I originally got it from cuttings I took in early
February, only took 2 and one took, never got one to strike since! but
to be fair I don't try that often.

I got some seeds the other day and Ray has planted those. Then I took
some cuttings of this year's ripe wood as Plants For a Future suggest
and I've bunged those in a pot and a cold frame. Like you, Ray got one
to strike out of about five! No wonder it's known as a pig to
propagate!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com