Old 15-09-2013, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default spring type hose

Saw an advert for one, in effect it is a like a spring coiled, very
short when not in use exceptionally long when in use. Has anyone here
experience of them, and do they stay short for a long time or do they
gradually stretch, also do they stay efficient?
Old 15-09-2013, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 16:01:12 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

Saw an advert for one, in effect it is a like a spring coiled, very
short when not in use exceptionally long when in use. Has anyone here
experience of them, and do they stay short for a long time or do they
gradually stretch, also do they stay efficient?

I have had one for a few months. It works as advertised. The only
problem is that it won't take brass fittings.

Steve

Old 15-09-2013, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote

Saw an advert for one, in effect it is a like a spring coiled, very short
when not in use exceptionally long when in use. Has anyone here experience
of them, and do they stay short for a long time or do they gradually
stretch, also do they stay efficient?

Relative had one for years, it was blue if I remember correctly, worked a
treat and never straightened. In fact you could not straighten it right out
anyway.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 16-09-2013, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Saw an advert for one, in effect it is a like a spring coiled, very
short when not in use exceptionally long when in use. Has anyone here
experience of them, and do they stay short for a long time or do they
gradually stretch, also do they stay efficient?

I considered on once but my worry is that it would work in a straight
line but not round corners of beds and so would spring across plants
and damage them.

Pam in Bristol
Old 16-09-2013, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Saw an advert for one, in effect it is a like a spring coiled, very
short when not in use exceptionally long when in use. Has anyone here
experience of them, and do they stay short for a long time or do they
gradually stretch, also do they stay efficient?

I considered on once but my worry is that it would work in a straight
line but not round corners of beds and so would spring across plants
and damage them.

Pam in Bristol

They never go straight. Just bigger loops and curves depending where
the user goes.

Steve

Old 16-09-2013, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 16:36:30 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Broadback" wrote

Saw an advert for one, in effect it is a like a spring coiled, very short
when not in use exceptionally long when in use. Has anyone here experience
of them, and do they stay short for a long time or do they gradually
stretch, also do they stay efficient?

Relative had one for years, it was blue if I remember correctly, worked a
treat and never straightened. In fact you could not straighten it right out
anyway.

They were selling hundreds of these at a local auction so I'd expect
ebay/carboots to be reselling them any time soon.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 18-09-2013, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
Saw an advert for one, in effect it is a like a spring coiled, very short
when not in use exceptionally long when in use. Has anyone here experience
of them, and do they stay short for a long time or do they gradually
stretch, also do they stay efficient?

I've had one for many years, it has never stretched and always springs back
short when not in use. I can't remember where I got it from but I've been
happy with it.
The only problem has been that it isn't long enough for my very long garden
so I have to use a normal hose if I want to water further down.
Tina

Old 26-09-2013, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Saw an advert for one, in effect it is a like a spring coiled, very
short when not in use exceptionally long when in use.

But which type are we discussing? :-)

http://www.raygrahams.com/products/1...FdQZtAodiiEAGw

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Patented-Exp...keywords=xhose