Old 19-09-2013, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Boasting

Can't resist boasting the Tea Room has won a Gold in Taste of the West
awards. All power to Pauline and her team!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 19-09-2013, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sacha" wrote in message
Can't resist boasting the Tea Room has won a Gold in Taste of the West
awards. All power to Pauline and her team!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Her scones must be good :-)

Bill

Old 19-09-2013, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-09-19 16:09:34 +0000, Jake said:

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:35:20 +0100, sacha wrote:

Can't resist boasting the Tea Room has won a Gold in Taste of the West
awards. All power to Pauline and her team!

Good thing the judges didn't come round next month

Lol! No indeed! They all had to be finished by the end of August. I
can't remember when ours came but I do know we'd started to get just
faintl worried they'd forgotten us!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 19-09-2013, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-09-19 15:55:32 +0000, Bill Grey said:

"sacha" wrote in message
Can't resist boasting the Tea Room has won a Gold in Taste of the West
awards. All power to Pauline and her team!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Her scones must be good :-)

Bill

And the cakes and salads and lasagne and sausage casserole etc. etc!
Unfortunately, the day the judges came it was raining, so I don't think
they saw a lot of the garden somehow!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 19-09-2013, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/09/2013 16:35, sacha wrote:
Can't resist boasting the Tea Room has won a Gold in Taste of the West
awards. All power to Pauline and her team!

Congratulations, Sacha! And to Pauline, of course. Will it be in the
local press?

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 19-09-2013, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-09-19 17:34:06 +0000, Spider said:

On 19/09/2013 16:35, sacha wrote:
Can't resist boasting the Tea Room has won a Gold in Taste of the West
awards. All power to Pauline and her team!

Congratulations, Sacha! And to Pauline, of course. Will it be in the
local press?

I think they post a long list of all who have won awards in some of the
local papers, yes and on their own web site. They also post on Twitter
as the results come out and then add the names to their website
www.tasteofthewest.co.uk (We're not on there yet, so I know there's at
least 7 Gold winners in our category!) It's a bit like Chelsea (!)
several people can win the same awards in all the main categories.
There were just over 300 entrants altogether this year, so it takes
them a while to get around to everyone. You don't know who your judges
are, of course, until they proffer a voucher to pay with at the end.
Our own participation aside, it's a great promotional vehicle for the
west and the many great places to eat and the wonderful locally
grown/farmed/fished produce there is here. It's helped to get away
from the notion that it's all a pint and a pasty or nothing! Thank you
for the congrats which I'll pass along. Pauline and her team have
earned it - all I do is wash up on busy days and do some of the
ordering, menu planning, occasional shopping, typing and general
dogsbodying!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 19-09-2013, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/09/2013 19:38, sacha wrote:
On 2013-09-19 17:34:06 +0000, Spider said:

[...]

Congratulations to Pauline and the team.

I thought it was cider with the pasty
Old 19-09-2013, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-09-19 17:34:06 +0000, Spider said:

[...]

We'll get some in. ;-) Thanks, David.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 20-09-2013, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Interesting you do Lasagne in your cafe. I was invited to join the local
Yacht Club and the first, and last, meal we had in there was their Lasagne.
Well my parents had a hotel so I know what good cooking is.
.......................... they are no longer the caterers in that Yacht
Club.

Mike

Old 20-09-2013, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:35:20 +0100, sacha wrote:

Can't resist boasting the Tea Room has won a Gold in Taste of the West
awards. All power to Pauline and her team!

Congratulations to all concerned!

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

Old 20-09-2013, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-09-20 16:34:51 +0100, Emery Davis said:

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:35:20 +0100, sacha wrote:

Can't resist boasting the Tea Room has won a Gold in Taste of the West
awards. All power to Pauline and her team!

Congratulations to all concerned!

Very kind! Thank you! Heads not fitting through doorways here. ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 20-09-2013, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-09-19 17:34:06 +0000, Spider said:

[...]

I'm sure you're being far too modest. You're all obviously doing
something right.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London