Old 24-09-2013, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Keeping cats out of garden

On 24/09/2013 17:21, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:46:07 GMT, Baz wrote:

Maybe you ought to change the coolant in your car and forget to
dispose of the bowl full of old coolant...

Please explain what this means, David.

Coolant contains ethylene glycol, cats find this attractive,
unfortunately for cats it is rather toxic.

Which is why bitrex is often added to make it unpalatable to children
as well as pets.
--
Phil Cook
Old 24-09-2013, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:54:03 +0100, Mr Pounder wrote:

My dog don't crap in my neighbour's garden, I see no reason why his
vermin cats should crap in my garden.

Maybe you ought to change the coolant in your car and forget to
dispose of the bowl full of old coolant...

I did say that I have tried everything ............

Old 24-09-2013, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:46:07 GMT, Baz wrote:

Maybe you ought to change the coolant in your car and forget to
dispose of the bowl full of old coolant...

Please explain what this means, David.

Coolant contains ethylene glycol, cats find this attractive,
unfortunately for cats it is rather toxic.

It used to taste sweet, cats liked it.
There is now a bittering agent added.

Old 24-09-2013, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On Monday 23 September 2013 20:54 Mr Pounder wrote in uk.rec.gardening:

Yup, under my wood chippings.
Guess who gets a handful of it when weeding?
My dog don't crap in my neighbour's garden, I see no reason why his
vermin
cats should crap in my garden.

+1

People have turned very fascist about dogs pooping in public places and
yet
I find cats infinitely more annoying as people digs generally do not come
into my garden, unless invited.

My little dog is always on the lead when we go out. I'm lucky as she don't
poo or wee in the street. Even so, I take poo bags.
When I casually mentioned to the cat man next door about his cats crapping
in my garden he laughed in my face and said "Ha, that's the way it goes
mate".
I have found all cat owners to have the same ignorant attitude.
He knows that I will kill his cats if I manage to get my hands on one whilst
it is crapping on my property.
He knows that I fling the shit back into his garden.

Old 24-09-2013, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:51:31 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

[1] Almost certain it's a cat - there are sometimes vague attempts
scratch the ground and bury it, but often not successful. Volume
and
size is too small for a fox.

Cats usually bury their poo. Young dog fox cubs are ejected from their
families round about late August. I suggest it might be them.

Doesn't fox poo have a very "foxy" but not unpleasant smell and a
pointed end?]Depends if the cubs have managed to to catch anything.

Cat poo smells foul.

Agreed, but they bury it.

Yup, under my wood chippings.
Guess who gets a handful of it when weeding?
My dog don't crap in my neighbour's garden, I see no reason why his
vermin cats should crap in my garden.

You just don't understand cats.

You don't understand that I own my land and I do not want the ****ing things
shitting on my land.
Why do you not understand this?

Old 24-09-2013, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jake" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 19:43:19 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Cat poo smells foul.

I have never noticed any heavy aroma when scooping the stuff out of
the cat's litter box. Occasionally a slight sweetish sort of smell but
nothing I'd call foul. Maybe it's down to diet?

Maybe it's because you are used to the smell of shit in your house?

Old 24-09-2013, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Cat poo smells foul.

I have never noticed any heavy aroma when scooping the stuff out of
the cat's litter box. Occasionally a slight sweetish sort of smell but
nothing I'd call foul. Maybe it's down to diet?

Maybe it's because you are used to the smell of shit in your house?

That sort of comment is totally uncalled for.

Old 24-09-2013, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Cat poo smells foul.

I have never noticed any heavy aroma when scooping the stuff out of
the cat's litter box. Occasionally a slight sweetish sort of smell but
nothing I'd call foul. Maybe it's down to diet?

Maybe it's because you are used to the smell of shit in your house?

That sort of comment is totally uncalled for.

It was a question, not a comment.

Old 24-09-2013, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 21:24:26 +0100, Mr Pounder wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Is there a way?

I'm getting a tad tired of the number of piles of mouldy cat[1] poo
appearing of late.

[1] Almost certain it's a cat - there are sometimes vague attempts to
scratch the ground and bury it, but often not successful. Volume and size
is
too small for a fox.

There are 3-4 cats that appear regularly.

I know it's not going to be easy - but I was wondering if there is a
chemical I can spray around the permimeter that is either deeply
unpleasant
to cats or makes them regard it as marked territory?

I don't mind the odd cat, but they are becoming a right pest lately.

I have tried everything and I mean everything in my front garden and failed.
I now just pick the crap up and chuck it back over the fence into the cat
man's garden. He knows this.
He also knows what I will do to his cats if I get my hands on them whilst
crapping in my garden.
Pepper seemed to work for a while. Good luck.

I have numerous cats as you know, and I don't care what they do in other people's gardens. In fact I prefer they don't leave it in mine.

If it was possible to train a cat to do so, I'd get them to use the toilet, and they're not stinking my house out with a litter tray (and prefer to do it outside anyway).

My next door neighbour but one curses me every time he sees me, but there is nothing he can do about it, and I like this.

--
"I'm prescribing these pills for you," said the doctor to the overweight patient, who tipped the scales at about three hundred pounds.
"I don't want you to swallow them. Just spill them on the floor twice a day and pick them up, one at a time."

Old 24-09-2013, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Cat poo smells foul.

I have never noticed any heavy aroma when scooping the stuff out of
the cat's litter box. Occasionally a slight sweetish sort of smell but
nothing I'd call foul. Maybe it's down to diet?

Maybe it's because you are used to the smell of shit in your house?

That sort of comment is totally uncalled for.

Don't feed the troll.

(Makes a change from cats )

Old 24-09-2013, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tuesday 24 September 2013 21:50 Gefreiter Krueger wrote in
uk.rec.gardening:

My next door neighbour but one curses me every time he sees me, but there
is nothing he can do about it, and I like this.

Perhaps he should get a dog that barks all day?

Old 24-09-2013, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 22:37:16 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On Tuesday 24 September 2013 21:50 Gefreiter Krueger wrote in
uk.rec.gardening:

My next door neighbour but one curses me every time he sees me, but there
is nothing he can do about it, and I like this.

Perhaps he should get a dog that barks all day?

Fine by me, I won't hear it for my parrots.

--
The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight, and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
Old 25-09-2013, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

[...]

Interesting concept. Yes, you own the land, but all kinds of wildlife
are your tenants that you can't evict.
Old 25-09-2013, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

But I think there is something he can do about it. Pick the crap up and
chuck it back over the fence into your garden.