Old 27-09-2013, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Stealing and vandalism on our allotment site

On 25/09/2013 13:14, Baz wrote:
It has been confirmed by the police that most of the thefts and vandalism
on our allotment site have been commited by the way of key theft.
These keys have been pickpockeded from council workers who have actively
been helping offenders who are either on parole or are on probation.
They have stooped so low in smearing tool handles with poo, knowing that
the user of that tool will get it on their hands.
I have had nothing stolen, but know of others who have.

The police are saying that a PCSO will help!
What is wrong with a proper constabulary helping?

Baz

Ask your PCSO for Smar****er and the stickers which 'advertise' that you
are using it. I know of an allotment which tried this, with some success.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 27-09-2013, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening, uk.rec.cycling

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 12:00:02 +0100, Janet wrote:

A bit of a clice that the law uses it's power to discriminate

against
drivers, because it is easy. Instead of catching violent

criminals.

Or maybe it's because drivers kill maim and injure far more

people
than allotment vandals do.

Many of us think the same of cyclists in general, not just allotment
ones.
Old 27-09-2013, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.cycling

On 27/09/2013 18:31, Judith in England wrote:
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 12:00:02 +0100, Janet wrote:

A bit of a clice that the law uses it's power to discriminate

against
drivers, because it is easy. Instead of catching violent

criminals.

Or maybe it's because drivers kill maim and injure far more

people
than allotment vandals do.

Many of us think the same of cyclists in general, not just allotment ones.

Good grief, you are one sad f*ck! You are even trolling on a gardening
group!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/09/2013 13:14, Baz wrote:
It has been confirmed by the police that most of the thefts and vandalism
on our allotment site have been commited by the way of key theft.

Keys to what? Do you have this in writing?

These keys have been pickpockeded from council workers who have actively
been helping offenders who are either on parole or are on probation.
They have stooped so low in smearing tool handles with poo, knowing that
the user of that tool will get it on their hands.
I have had nothing stolen, but know of others who have.

The police are saying that a PCSO will help!
What is wrong with a proper constabulary helping?

They have better things to do with their time.

Actually making it known to the local beat police that there is a brew
going when people are about will get you better than average coverage.
It may not entirely stop the vandalism but it increases the visible
police presence in the vicinity which helps.

If you really do have a problem then going to the local papers and your
MP as a group is the way to embarrass the police *and* the hopeless
council workers that are dumb enough to get themselves pickpocketed.

Miniature IR CCTV hidden on the site is another way forward.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 02-10-2013, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Monday, 30 September 2013 11:48:20 UTC+1, Martin wrote:
They would steal the camera too.

I think I would be tempted to draw up a chair in the shed, with my Cane Corso sitting beside me. I doubt they would ever come back, that's if they actually leave in one piece. Enjoy your time with family.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:33:22 PM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:
On 26/09/2013 13:17, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:42:54 GMT, Baz wrote:

Janet wrote in news:MPG.2cae240a90ab0b30989be3

@news.individual.net:

In article , says...

take the law in our hands.

A bit of a clice that the law uses it's power to discriminate against

drivers, because it is easy. Instead of catching violent criminals.

Or maybe it's because drivers kill maim and injure far more people

than allotment vandals do.

Janet

I have never killed maimed or injured anyone and I am a driver.

I don't know anyone who has.

I do.

My property should be protected by the law. As my area police charter

insists.

My advice to you is to read the police charter for your area.

"Maybe" is not enough of an excuse to dismiss the police obligation to

uphold the law.

We don't have any local police. The police station was closed long

ago. It's interesting that it hasn't made any noticeable difference to

crime.

Sadly the police seem to administer the law these days,not just uphold

it. They decide when to take action, not automatically when a law is broken.

The official job of the police is to 'keep the peace' not enforce the law - or so I have always understood.

Jonathan