Old 26-09-2013, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default September in Guernsey

Sacha wrote in news:baj5iuFfg88U1
@mid.individual.net:

On 2013-09-26 17:03:36 +0100, Baz said:

Baz wrote in :

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2013-09-26 11:19:44 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in news:baia20F9keiU1
@mid.individual.net:

On 2013-09-26 00:24:27 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in news:bag9d2Frac1U1
@mid.individual.net:

On 2013-09-25 13:17:55 +0100, Sacha said:

There's something to be said for gardening in the CIs. This
photo was taken on Monday and from the size of that Brugmansia
insignis, it's been growing there for some time!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9932237875/

Ahem, that should be Brugmansia sanguinea. Probably got a little
TOO relaxed on holiday! ;-)

As relaxed as a newt? (kidding)

Baz

Not *quite* but ..... ;-)

After a few pints of Randalls.....
....a person is entitled to feel *quite* relaxed.

Baz

Ah, good old Randalls! I think I should have got Ray to try the
Liberation Ale!

Sorry to say this, but that Liberation Ale tastes like winkle dew.
Le Mesurier houses were taken over by Liberation?
I remember La Motte pub on the corner of La Motte street and
St.Saviours road. The Devonshire on first tower. The Bond on Bond
street, Wolf's caves in St.John. All gone now. I think Devils Hole
too.

All memories now.
Baz

ps:
I forgot La Moye in St. Brealdes.

I think the Portelet Inn is still there but Derek will know better than
I do. It sounds as if you know Jersey really well Baz, or at least the
pubs! ;-)

Jersey was my first adventure. I met some amazing people there including
the Brennan brothers who managed 5 pubs. 5 brothers!

http://www.sunnyjersey.com/wolfscaves.htm

May, who is Martin Brennans wife in the pic was always good to me, as was
her mother. They were both very kind to me.

After that I had the privilige to visit both NZ islands.
What else can one person need?

Baz