GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Weather differences (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208451-weather-differences.html)

Sacha[_11_] 03-10-2013 11:27 AM

Weather differences

Every month someone living locally publishes a weather report in the
Parish News. He contrasts the current year with the previous year.
August 2012 showed159mm. This August showed 31mm. The 8 year average
for August is 2.8" or 71mm. He also gives average wind speeds,
highest wind speed, mean tempeeratures and lowest temperatures, days
with some ray of0.2 or more and Solar output. Now that autumn is here
he is adding heating degree days as "a measure of heating effort to
keep your house at a constant temperature of 18.3C under the prevailing
weather conditions." I must say I admire the dedication that goes into
producing these figures for us every month.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

stuart noble 03-10-2013 04:21 PM

Weather differences

On 03/10/2013 10:27, Sacha wrote:
Every month someone living locally publishes a weather report in the
Parish News. He contrasts the current year with the previous year.
August 2012 showed159mm. This August showed 31mm. The 8 year average
for August is 2.8" or 71mm. He also gives average wind speeds, highest
wind speed, mean tempeeratures and lowest temperatures, days with some
ray of0.2 or more and Solar output. Now that autumn is here he is adding
heating degree days as "a measure of heating effort to keep your house
at a constant temperature of 18.3C under the prevailing weather
conditions." I must say I admire the dedication that goes into
producing these figures for us every month.

You need the HDD figure to get any idea whether you're reducing your
power consumption, or whether it's just been milder than the previous
year. I plotted everything in a spreadsheet, but then I got bored...:-)

Sacha[_11_] 03-10-2013 05:32 PM

Weather differences

On 2013-10-03 15:21:30 +0100, stuart noble said:

[...]

I'm glad to say I wouldn't know where to start! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

David Hill 03-10-2013 07:18 PM

Weather differences

On 03/10/2013 16:32, Sacha wrote:
On 2013-10-03 15:21:30 +0100, stuart noble said:

[...]

You start at the very beginning
A very good place to start

Hmmm that could make a song!

Sacha[_11_] 04-10-2013 12:43 AM

Weather differences

On 2013-10-03 15:21:30 +0100, stuart noble said:

[...]

Let's do the show right here, folks! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

David Hill 04-10-2013 09:49 AM

Weather differences

On 2013-10-03 15:21:30 +0100, stuart noble said:

[...]

So we open with "Rain droops are falling......"

sacha 04-10-2013 03:11 PM

Weather differences

On 2013-10-03 15:21:30 +0100, stuart noble said:

[...]

Singing and dancing in the rain!

The very one!
--
Sacha