GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Now that's what I call rain (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208453-now-thats-what-i-call-rain.html)

Janet 03-10-2013 02:05 PM

Now that's what I call rain

Just popped out to see how the garden is standing up to last night's
monsoon downpour. (4" deep in the wheelbarrow). I retrieved a few well-
washed marrows and put them in the garage to dry off, then took a look
at the red kale ... where I was amazed to see, a load of dead
caterpillars. Some seem to have drowned but others appear half pulped,
as if beaten to death. No survivors :-)

Janet.

'Mike'[_4_] 03-10-2013 02:40 PM

Now that's what I call rain

Certainly rained here but all gone through now.

Mike
South East Coast of the Isle of Wight

t...

Bob Hobden 03-10-2013 06:04 PM

Now that's what I call rain

"Janet" wrote

Just popped out to see how the garden is standing up to last night's
monsoon downpour. (4" deep in the wheelbarrow). I retrieved a few well-
washed marrows and put them in the garage to dry off, then took a look
at the red kale ... where I was amazed to see, a load of dead
caterpillars. Some seem to have drowned but others appear half pulped,
as if beaten to death. No survivors :-)

We had a little drizzle and then a few heavier drops whilst I was planting
the garlic today but it only lasted a few mins.

Trouble is some workmen turned up to turn off the water supply and empty the
tanks for the winter. Sue had only just finished watering our chillies and
peppers but they will need some more if we don't get any proper rain. I do
sometimes wonder about the people that work for our Council.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Christina Websell 03-10-2013 06:52 PM

Now that's what I call rain

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

We had a little drizzle and then a few heavier drops whilst I was planting
the garlic today but it only lasted a few mins.

Trouble is some workmen turned up to turn off the water supply and empty
the tanks for the winter. Sue had only just finished watering our chillies
and peppers but they will need some more if we don't get any proper rain.
I do sometimes wonder about the people that work for our Council.

I am confused about this, how does the council control your water tanks?

Tina

Roger Tonkin[_2_] 03-10-2013 08:27 PM

Now that's what I call rain

In article MPG.2cb76dfbe3027a2f989c25
@news.individual.net, says...

Just popped out to see how the garden is standing up to last night's
monsoon downpour. (4" deep in the wheelbarrow). I retrieved a few well-
washed marrows and put them in the garage to dry off, then took a look
at the red kale ... where I was amazed to see, a load of dead
caterpillars. Some seem to have drowned but others appear half pulped,
as if beaten to death. No survivors :-)

Janet.

Now there's a thought. Spraying your brassica's once a
week with one of those jet spray thingies to kill the
caterpillars. Certainly more eco frendly than any
other spray!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Bob Hobden 03-10-2013 11:49 PM

Now that's what I call rain

"David Hill" wrote in

Christina Websell wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote

We had a little drizzle and then a few heavier drops whilst I was
planting
the garlic today but it only lasted a few mins.

Trouble is some workmen turned up to turn off the water supply and empty
the tanks for the winter. Sue had only just finished watering our
chillies
and peppers but they will need some more if we don't get any proper
rain.
I do sometimes wonder about the people that work for our Council.

I am confused about this, how does the council control your water tanks?

Tina

Allotment?

Correct.
--