Old 03-10-2013, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Now that's what I call rain

Just popped out to see how the garden is standing up to last night's
monsoon downpour. (4" deep in the wheelbarrow). I retrieved a few well-
washed marrows and put them in the garage to dry off, then took a look
at the red kale ... where I was amazed to see, a load of dead
caterpillars. Some seem to have drowned but others appear half pulped,
as if beaten to death. No survivors :-)

Janet.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Certainly rained here but all gone through now.

Mike
South East Coast of the Isle of Wight

t...

Old 03-10-2013, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet" wrote

Just popped out to see how the garden is standing up to last night's
monsoon downpour. (4" deep in the wheelbarrow). I retrieved a few well-
washed marrows and put them in the garage to dry off, then took a look
at the red kale ... where I was amazed to see, a load of dead
caterpillars. Some seem to have drowned but others appear half pulped,
as if beaten to death. No survivors :-)

We had a little drizzle and then a few heavier drops whilst I was planting
the garlic today but it only lasted a few mins.

Trouble is some workmen turned up to turn off the water supply and empty the
tanks for the winter. Sue had only just finished watering our chillies and
peppers but they will need some more if we don't get any proper rain. I do
sometimes wonder about the people that work for our Council.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

We had a little drizzle and then a few heavier drops whilst I was planting
the garlic today but it only lasted a few mins.

Trouble is some workmen turned up to turn off the water supply and empty
the tanks for the winter. Sue had only just finished watering our chillies
and peppers but they will need some more if we don't get any proper rain.
I do sometimes wonder about the people that work for our Council.

I am confused about this, how does the council control your water tanks?

Tina

Old 03-10-2013, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in

Christina Websell wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote

We had a little drizzle and then a few heavier drops whilst I was
planting
the garlic today but it only lasted a few mins.

Trouble is some workmen turned up to turn off the water supply and empty
the tanks for the winter. Sue had only just finished watering our
chillies
and peppers but they will need some more if we don't get any proper
rain.
I do sometimes wonder about the people that work for our Council.

I am confused about this, how does the council control your water tanks?

Tina

Allotment?

Correct.
--