GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lidl Giant Amaryllis Bulb (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208466-lidl-giant-amaryllis-bulb.html)

David Hill 04-10-2013 08:35 PM

Lidl Giant Amaryllis Bulb

Has anyone seen these bulbs?
I just wish I could grow Onions to that size.
Bought 3 of their smaller ones, still big bulbs.
David

Bob Hobden 05-10-2013 12:04 AM

Lidl Giant Amaryllis Bulb

"David Hill" wrote

Has anyone seen these bulbs?
I just wish I could grow Onions to that size.
Bought 3 of their smaller ones, still big bulbs.

I presume you mean the indoor plant Hippeastrum not Amaryllis belladonna or
paradisicola.
My A. belladonna have been flowering for weeks in our front garden and are
only now going over, to shortly be replaced by the leaves. With a good
baking this summer they should flower again next year as good as this.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.