GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   O what a beautiful morning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208468-o-what-beautiful-morning.html)

Sacha[_11_] 05-10-2013 10:55 AM

O what a beautiful morning

etc. What a lovely change to see sunshine after the grey of the last
week or so. This is beautiful!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Peter & Jeanne 05-10-2013 12:13 PM

O what a beautiful morning

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

etc. What a lovely change to see sunshine after the grey of the last
week or so. This is beautiful!

--

Sacha

Just lovely up here in Cheshire as well (:-)
Just picked my daily 1 and a half pounds of toms from the glasshouse.
More soup !!!

Pete
Nanneys Bridge Nursery

David Hill 05-10-2013 12:42 PM

O what a beautiful morning

On 05/10/2013 11:13, Peter & Jeanne wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

etc. What a lovely change to see sunshine after the grey of the last
week or so. This is beautiful!

Same here in the Swansea Bay area, just been out to pick runner beans,
got a carrier bag full from just one side.
What surprised me was that the ground has taken all the rain, it's not
muddy under foot, and very little sign of run off.

Sacha[_11_] 05-10-2013 05:46 PM

O what a beautiful morning

On 2013-10-05 16:27:44 +0100, Jake said:

On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 11:13:06 +0100, "Peter & Jeanne"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

etc. What a lovely change to see sunshine after the grey of the last
week or so. This is beautiful!

Well next year you'll be able to pick your tomatoes and dig up your
potatoes from the same plant!

http://www.gizmag.com/tomtato-tomato...d-plant/29241/

(also featured in this week's AG)

I there may be a certain inbuilt resistance to that idea!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Phil Gurr 05-10-2013 05:53 PM

O what a beautiful morning

wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

etc. What a lovely change to see sunshine after the grey of the last
week or so. This is beautiful!

Well next year you'll be able to pick your tomatoes and dig up your
potatoes from the same plant!

http://www.gizmag.com/tomtato-tomato...d-plant/29241/

Quote 'While it's been possible to create such hybrids for a long time'
I think they carried them in the Ark! I first did this in A level Botany
when I was 16 years old and I am now 76!!! The taste is entirely due
to which variety of tomato is used. Modern cherry tomatoes were not
around 50 years ago.

Phil

'Mike'[_4_] 05-10-2013 06:02 PM

O what a beautiful morning

And here at the South East Coast of the Isle of Wight. Fantastic morning at
Shanklin Theatre's 'Coffee Cake 'n' Chat' with many more volunteers, some
urglers too, joining the Friends :-)

Mike

"Jake" wrote in message ...

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

etc. What a lovely change to see sunshine after the grey of the last
week or so. This is beautiful!

Same here in the Swansea Bay area, just been out to pick runner beans,
got a carrier bag full from just one side.
What surprised me was that the ground has taken all the rain, it's not
muddy under foot, and very little sign of run off.

Lovely at the other end of the Bay too. Despite the rain yesterday and
early this morning, the ground here's surprisingly dry as were all the
leaves I collected just after lunch! I just wish all the trees would
de-leaf themselves at the same time. But as one finishes, the next one
starts, dammit.

--
Cheers, Jake
=======================================

David Hill 05-10-2013 07:36 PM

O what a beautiful morning

wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

etc. What a lovely change to see sunshine after the grey of the last
week or so. This is beautiful!

Well next year you'll be able to pick your tomatoes and dig up your
potatoes from the same plant!

http://www.gizmag.com/tomtato-tomato...d-plant/29241/

(also featured in this week's AG)

Not again.
This has been making an appearance every few years ever since I can
remember.
Remember potato plants die back much earlier than tomatoes on their own
roots..
There's always someone who will go for it no matter the cost.