Old 11-10-2013, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Never been so scared.

"'Mike'" wrote in message

I usually steer her away from the Wasp or Bee and deal with it myself as
they don't affect me.

Mike

Don't be too complacent Mike - even one sting from either a bee or wasp can
bring on anaphylaxis even if you'ven never had it when previously stung.

Bill

Old 11-10-2013, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/10/2013 12:56, Bill Grey wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Baz" wrote

I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have been
swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Sorry to hear that. Nasty little b'gers, you may remember that last year I
ran over a wasp nest that was in the ground whilst mowing the allotment
road, they chased me the length of the site stinging me the whole time.
Luckily I am not allergic.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Unfortunately, the next time (hopefully never) you get stung by a wasp/bee
you may still suffer anaphylactic shock.

Fingers crossed eh?

Bill

On the other hand you almost certainly wont
Old 11-10-2013, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 19:53, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 17:40, Baz wrote:
I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and
have been swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

Baz

I got done over by bees many years ago, my own fault, I was using a
tractor Rotavator and rotovated across the front of 3 hives, they
took exception.
Wasps, I would have been dead in less than 10 mins with the number
of stings I had.
David @ a colder but rain free side of Swansea Bay.

Lucky me then. I have a bit of an escape.I just dont know why they
picked on me. and i feel a bit sick as well

You probably feel as if you have had a kicking.
If you have any antihistamine tablets (Hay fever/travel sickness
tablets then take a dose, it could still help.

Antihistamine is what my doctor gave me.
I feel much better now.
I thought I was going to die.
I still feel weak.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/10/2013 15:13, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 19:53, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 17:40, Baz wrote:
[...]

You will for a few days
Old 11-10-2013, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
ll.co.uk:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:40:28 GMT, Baz wrote:

I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and have
been swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

I can't decided if that would be my most scary moment or not.

Currently that is held by being sat on the bare earth in a temporary
air raid shelter made out of sand filled oil drums with 1" gaps
between them dressed in shorts and T shirt surounded by RAF ground
crew who had every scrap of Nuclear, Biological and Chemical suit on
that they had. You could see the fear in *their* eyes through the
full face masks...

This was out in Bahrian just before Gulf War I kicked off and Mr
Hussain was "test firing" missiles the direction and payload
(explosive/chemical) wasn't known.

OK, Dave, I would imagine that as being more scary. As scary can be.

Baz
Old 11-10-2013, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in news:bbqfn3Fel8nU1
@mid.individual.net:

On 11/10/2013 15:13, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 19:53, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 17:40, Baz wrote:
[...]

Yes, I still feel nauseuos and green around the gills. I can't keep my food
down, what little I can eat.
Soon be over it.

Baz
Old 11-10-2013, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:23:18 GMT, Baz wrote:

I was picking up some dropped pears before cutting the lawn and

have
been swarmed by wasps. stung my nostrils and lips just now

I can't decided if that would be my most scary moment or not.

Currently that is held by being sat on the bare earth in a

temporary
air raid shelter made out of sand filled oil drums with 1" gaps
between them dressed in shorts and T shirt surounded by RAF ground
crew who had every scrap of Nuclear, Biological and Chemical suit

on
that they had. You could see the fear in *their* eyes through the
full face masks...

OK, Dave, I would imagine that as being more scary. As scary can be.

Previous to that was going up into the loft for something about this
time of year. Moving about looking for something I became aware of a
strange papery, scratchy, buzzy noise behind me. Turned round and
shone the torch in the direction of the noise. This illuminated a
huge wasps nest and I mean huge, not a football hanging from a rafter
but something about 3' wide filling the 18" gap from the rafters to
ceiling joists. The occupants seemed to be getting a little
distressed by my bumping about, there was a number crawling about the
outside and few taking off straight at me. I beat a very hasty
retreat and shut the hatch.

I think the Bahrain event does have the edge, that certainly gave me
a different perspective on life. The wasps nest still made it's mark
though, I now look around in lofts before going thumping about and
even then any little scratchy noises within the first few minutes
makes the heart beat a little faster...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Friday, 11 October 2013 13:03:22 UTC+1, Bill Grey wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

I usually steer her away from the Wasp or Bee and deal with it myself as

they don't affect me.

Mike

Don't be too complacent Mike - even one sting from either a bee or wasp can

bring on anaphylaxis even if you'ven never had it when previously stung.

Bill

Nice to hear from you once more Bill. Hope you are keeping well. All the Best to you and yours. Regards Reg

Old 11-10-2013, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-10-11 14:13:11 +0000, Baz said:

David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 19:53, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 17:40, Baz wrote:
[...]

You need to talk to your doc about an Epipen. When my bees went for
me, I woke in the night feeling as if I had the worst case of flu known
to man. One eye was swollen shut the other I could only open to a
minute amount. That was around 16 stings and that's a load of venom. I
don't get used to bee stings, I get worse. You do need to check this
very carefully. Wasps seem more aggressive than bees, ime and imo and I
will avoid them at all costs!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 11-10-2013, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/10/2013 16:53, Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

I remember when I was working in Cardiff seeing some B..... Fool on a
ladder removing the fascia boarding above the bedroom window to get at
a wasps nest.
No protective clothing or anything.
It was his wife standing at the bottom of the ladder who said what he
was doing, I just kept on walking, but faster.
And before anyone says anything , Yes it was a 2 story house.
David
Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

sacha wrote in news:bbqrutFh9mbU1
@mid.individual.net:

On 2013-10-11 14:13:11 +0000, Baz said:

David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 19:53, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 10/10/2013 17:40, Baz wrote:
[...]

Well, early this morning my left eye was itching like mad when I was in
bed, and I felt soooo ill as well. I got up to go to the bathroom to
spash a bit of water on it and when I looked in the mirror the right side
of my face had dropped I thought my god ive had a stroke. I woke Reykha
and she dialed 999. Bells pausly the doctor said,after hours of tests I
never heard of it. Not a stroke. It might take a while to get back to
normal.
I had a similar amount of sting but all close together some up my nose.
hat makes my left eye itch seemmingly. I have had drops in that eye and
it feels better. Quite close to shut that eye, soa i know what you mean.
Old 13-10-2013, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

I usually steer her away from the Wasp or Bee and deal with it myself as

they don't affect me.

Mike

Don't be too complacent Mike - even one sting from either a bee or wasp
can

bring on anaphylaxis even if you'ven never had it when previously stung.

Bill

Nice to hear from you once more Bill. Hope you are keeping well. All the
Best to you and yours. Regards Reg

Well! Well! Diamonds :-)

Fancy seeing you here. Hope you are well these days.

Sorry for the "in" remarks, Diamonds is an old friend from another NG.

All I can say is the name Diamonds has an hysterical origin born in
Betws -y-Coed on a fishing holiday.

Bill

the feathers, channels, and discussions are all scared and nineteenth-century john winston Ponds 0 25-12-2007 07:51 PM
State officials scared by drought raeannsimpson Gardening 9 29-09-2007 01:33 PM
Scared fish, string algae and thank you for moderating RG Ponds (moderated) 18 03-05-2007 11:20 AM
Scared Fish Smitty Ponds (moderated) 0 26-04-2007 03:55 AM
scared fish Chrislette Cherveny Ponds 2 08-07-2006 01:58 PM