GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can anyone identify this plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208521-can-anyone-identify-plant.html)

lannerman 12-10-2013 10:43 AM

Can anyone identify this plant?

Hello everyone
My nephew has this plant growing in his garden and I can't think what it is called! Maybe a type of indigofera (dielsiana?)
Any ideas?
Lannerman

http://i39.tinypic.com/120ic5y.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/yz2hx.jpg
When it first started growing
http://i43.tinypic.com/148dxt3.jpg

sacha 12-10-2013 04:50 PM

On 2013-10-12 09:43:36 +0000, lannerman said:

Hello everyone
My nephew has this plant growing in his garden and I can't think what it
is called! Maybe a type of indigofera (dielsiana?)
Any ideas?
Lannerman

[image: http://i39.tinypic.com/120ic5y.jpg]
[image: http://i43.tinypic.com/yz2hx.jpg]
When it first started growing
[image: http://i43.tinypic.com/148dxt3.jpg]

At a guess, Lespedeza thunbergii.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Jeff Layman[_2_] 13-10-2013 01:54 PM

On 2013-10-12 09:43:36 +0000, lannerman said:

Hello everyone
My nephew has this plant growing in his garden and I can't think what it
is called! Maybe a type of indigofera (dielsiana?)
Any ideas?
Lannerman

[image: http://i39.tinypic.com/120ic5y.jpg]
[image: http://i43.tinypic.com/yz2hx.jpg]
When it first started growing
[image: http://i43.tinypic.com/148dxt3.jpg]

At a guess, Lespedeza thunbergii.

I'd go with that, too. I guess there's a possibility it could be a
Desmodium.

--

Jeff

lannerman 15-10-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacha (Post 993598)
On 2013-10-12 09:43:36 +0000, lannerman said:

Hello everyone
My nephew has this plant growing in his garden and I can't think what it
is called! Maybe a type of indigofera (dielsiana?)
Any ideas?
Lannerman

[image: http://i39.tinypic.com/120ic5y.jpg]
[image: http://i43.tinypic.com/yz2hx.jpg]
When it first started growing
[image: http://i43.tinypic.com/148dxt3.jpg]

At a guess, Lespedeza thunbergii.
--
Sacha
Hill House Nursery, mail order plants to your door.
South Devon

Thanks Sacha / Jeff, sorry for my delay in replying but I've been away salmon fishing.
Yes, thats definantly what it is. Its growing in a garden in Weston-S-Mare and was cut to the ground when they moved in. its made a superb shrub in just one year and is flowering well.
regards, Lannerman.

sacha 15-10-2013 04:08 PM

-

(http://www.hillhousenursery.com)
South Devon

Thanks Sacha / Jeff, sorry for my delay in replying but I've been away
salmon fishing.
Yes, thats definantly what it is. Its growing in a garden in
Weston-S-Mare and was cut to the ground when they moved in. its made a
superb shrub in just one year and is flowering well.
regards, Lannerman.

It's terribly pretty and very graceful, imo.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com