GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   maybe of interest: end of production (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208526-maybe-interest-end-production.html)

Emery Davis[_3_] 12-10-2013 04:21 PM

maybe of interest: end of production

Hi,

This may be of interest to some here. I've been told by the proprietor
that the site www.florama.fr will be halting production in a couple of
years, and starting to tail off next year. So some of the plants and
seeds will be even more difficult to find.

There are some quite interesting plants and seeds, e.g. lots of acacia
and eucalyptus, some very rare oaks, alders and birches. Also some
interesting evergreens. The seed provenance is very good.

The plants are quite cheap, around 10-15EU, I expect he'll ship to the UK
if asked.

cheers,

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

'Mike'[_4_] 12-10-2013 04:38 PM

maybe of interest: end of production

People may be interested in this site

http://translate.google.com/

Mike

Jeff Layman[_2_] 13-10-2013 02:13 PM

On 12/10/2013 16:21, Emery Davis wrote:
Hi,

This may be of interest to some here. I've been told by the proprietor
that the site www.florama.fr will be halting production in a couple of
years, and starting to tail off next year. So some of the plants and
seeds will be even more difficult to find.

There are some quite interesting plants and seeds, e.g. lots of acacia
and eucalyptus, some very rare oaks, alders and birches. Also some
interesting evergreens. The seed provenance is very good.

The plants are quite cheap, around 10-15EU, I expect he'll ship to the UK
if asked.

cheers,

-E

A very interesting site. I downloaded the catalogue and, as you say,
there are many rare species mentioned in it. I see that by the download
link he has:
(pdf de 712 Ko - Version sept. 2013)
prochaine version en août 2014

So we can assume he'll be in business in August next year anyway!

--

Jeff

Emery Davis[_3_] 13-10-2013 11:14 PM

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:13:44 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:

prochaine version en août 2014

So we can assume he'll be in business in August next year anyway!

Hi Jeff,

He'll be continuing business for a few years, but not producing new
plants. So when they're gone, that's it.

One of the things that makes these interesting is that they're seed
grown, from really good provenance seed. Some of the plants are
available as grafts here and there, but finding seedlings is difficult!

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy