Old 15-10-2013, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Daffs/Narcissi

Can one replant daff/narcissi bulbs now that have already rooted without
adversely affecting their flowering next spring? I dug up a few from
previous years that are in the wrong place already having rooted

Old 15-10-2013, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15/10/2013 13:02, Frank Booth wrote:
Can one replant daff/narcissi bulbs now that have already rooted without
adversely affecting their flowering next spring? I dug up a few from
previous years that are in the wrong place already having rooted

Yes
What else would you do with them?
Old 15-10-2013, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15/10/2013 13:02, Frank Booth wrote:
Can one replant daff/narcissi bulbs now that have already rooted without
adversely affecting their flowering next spring? I dug up a few from
previous years that are in the wrong place already having rooted

Certainly, but replant with great care. Unlike many plants, bulbs
cannot replace broken roots, so once damaged they stay damaged until
their next dormant period.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 15-10-2013, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
On 15/10/2013 13:02, Frank Booth wrote:
Can one replant daff/narcissi bulbs now that have already rooted without
adversely affecting their flowering next spring? I dug up a few from
previous years that are in the wrong place already having rooted

Certainly, but replant with great care. Unlike many plants, bulbs
cannot replace broken roots, so once damaged they stay damaged until
their next dormant period.

Cheers for that info.