Old 22-10-2013, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dahlia yams

Well I tried these this year and have been very disappointed in them, I
thought they would be a variety but seem to be a very mixed batch,
Suttons say "The seed used is from open pollinated cactus varieties and
there may be some variation in plant sizes."
But I had not only a mix of sizes but a mix of flower types with only
about 60% being cactus,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps01eb6c12.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps970e6e2c.jpg
Suttons response was "No one else has said anything about them"
Very disappointed.
David
Old 22-10-2013, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:08:05 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Well I tried these this year and have been very disappointed in them, I
thought they would be a variety but seem to be a very mixed batch,
Suttons say "The seed used is from open pollinated cactus varieties and
there may be some variation in plant sizes."
But I had not only a mix of sizes but a mix of flower types with only
about 60% being cactus,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps01eb6c12.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps970e6e2c.jpg
Suttons response was "No one else has said anything about them"
Very disappointed.
David

If I could have a show like that I'd be happy, but don't have enough
space!

Pam in Bristol
Old 22-10-2013, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Well I tried these this year and have been very disappointed in them, I
thought they would be a variety but seem to be a very mixed batch,
Suttons say "The seed used is from open pollinated cactus varieties and
there may be some variation in plant sizes."
But I had not only a mix of sizes but a mix of flower types with only
about 60% being cactus,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps01eb6c12.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps970e6e2c.jpg
Suttons response was "No one else has said anything about them"
Very disappointed.
David

If I could have a show like that I'd be happy, but don't have enough
space!

Pam in Bristol

Pam, these are my 2nd year trial beds
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps23836a8d.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps9961ded1.jpg
David

Yams Charlie Pridham[_2_] United Kingdom 2 29-08-2013 11:05 PM
Yams ? Charlie Pridham[_2_] United Kingdom 6 05-08-2010 03:10 PM
Growing yams in England? jonbey United Kingdom 1 28-10-2009 10:03 AM
yams Judy & Murray Campbell Gardening 1 26-08-2004 04:25 PM
Can I grow Gem Squash & Yams in UK? Rick United Kingdom 5 28-06-2003 07:33 PM