Old 25-10-2013, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomatoes

Picked all the green ones from our gro-bag (tm) a few days ago. Went to
look at the plants with a view to dumping them yesterday and one of them
has decided to have another go! Beautiful new flowers
Old 25-10-2013, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-10-25 11:40:33 +0100, Derek Turner said:

Picked all the green ones from our gro-bag (tm) a few days ago. Went to
look at the plants with a view to dumping them yesterday and one of them
has decided to have another go! Beautiful new flowers

One of our Tumblers in a basket is flowering but the main plants have
had the chop. Ray says that even if they fruit, they won't ripen but
you have a much better chance in Jersey!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 25-10-2013, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Derek Turner" wrote ...

Picked all the green ones from our gro-bag (tm) a few days ago. Went to
look at the plants with a view to dumping them yesterday and one of them
has decided to have another go! Beautiful new flowers

Speaking to one of our allotment holders in Sainsburys this morning, she
said that some weeks ago she cut their tomatoes at home down to almost
ground level but left the pot where they were on her patio. One of them is
now back to a foot tall and flowering profusely.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 25-10-2013, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote in news:bcv0uaF5g06U1
@mid.individual.net:

On 2013-10-25 11:40:33 +0100, Derek Turner said:

Picked all the green ones from our gro-bag (tm) a few days ago. Went to
look at the plants with a view to dumping them yesterday and one of them
has decided to have another go! Beautiful new flowers

One of our Tumblers in a basket is flowering but the main plants have
had the chop. Ray says that even if they fruit, they won't ripen but
you have a much better chance in Jersey!

We are going to Jersey again on Sunday. The second time this year.

Baz
Old 25-10-2013, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-10-25 11:40:33 +0100, Derek Turner said:

Picked all the green ones from our gro-bag (tm) a few days ago. Went to
look at the plants with a view to dumping them yesterday and one of them
has decided to have another go! Beautiful new flowers

One of our Tumblers in a basket is flowering but the main plants have
had the chop. Ray says that even if they fruit, they won't ripen but
you have a much better chance in Jersey!

We are going to Jersey again on Sunday. The second time this year.

Baz

Oh Baz which part of the island are you going to? My family are almost
all from Grouville and St Martin, so I feel quite foreign if I go west!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 25-10-2013, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

sacha wrote in
:

On 2013-10-25 11:40:33 +0100, Derek Turner said:

Picked all the green ones from our gro-bag (tm) a few days ago.
Went to look at the plants with a view to dumping them yesterday
and one of them has decided to have another go! Beautiful new
flowers

One of our Tumblers in a basket is flowering but the main plants
have had the chop. Ray says that even if they fruit, they won't
ripen but you have a much better chance in Jersey!

We are going to Jersey again on Sunday. The second time this year.

Baz

Oh Baz which part of the island are you going to? My family are almost
all from Grouville and St Martin, so I feel quite foreign if I go
west!

St.Peter, Mary, Ouen and Brelade.
I want to visit Wolffs caves again in St.John again if we have time.

On 29 Oct. we have a guest of La Moye to collect. Then home.

Baz
Old 26-10-2013, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-10-25 22:26:42 +0100, Baz said:

sacha wrote in
:

On 2013-10-25 11:40:33 +0100, Derek Turner said:

[...]

Passport country for me. ;-) Have a wonderful time, hope it all goes
very well.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 26-10-2013, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:40:33 +0000, Derek Turner wrote:

Picked all the green ones from our gro-bag (tm) a few days ago. Went to
look at the plants with a view to dumping them yesterday and one of them
has decided to have another go! Beautiful new flowers

In past years my outdoor tomatoes have produced and (slowly) ripened fruit
until the first frost.

Some years this could be as late as December.

However this year the outdoor plants have been wiped out by blight.

So if you are in an area with late frosts, you might give it another
chance :-)

Cheers

Dave R
Old 26-10-2013, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 13:46:59 +0000, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

So if you are in an area with late frosts, you might give it another
chance

I am in an area with (in most years) no frosts
Old 31-10-2013, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25 Oct 2013 10:40:33 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

Picked all the green ones from our gro-bag (tm) a few days ago. Went to
look at the plants with a view to dumping them yesterday and one of them
has decided to have another go! Beautiful new flowers

There's a load of blackberries almost ripe too here - thought they'd
finished ages ago.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Old 31-10-2013, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote ...

Derek Turner wrote:

Picked all the green ones from our gro-bag (tm) a few days ago. Went to
look at the plants with a view to dumping them yesterday and one of them
has decided to have another go! Beautiful new flowers

In past years my outdoor tomatoes have produced and (slowly) ripened fruit
until the first frost.

Some years this could be as late as December.

However this year the outdoor plants have been wiped out by blight.

So if you are in an area with late frosts, you might give it another
chance :-)

Noticed a great deal of weed seedlings coming up in a large patch on the
allotment, went and took a look and it's thousands of tomato plants. Where
we had the 6 Losetto plants, and couldn't pick the fruit underneath as the
bushes are so low, the seeds have germinated profusely. Now, is it worth
potting up some?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.