GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Long-term weather forecast (for this winter and any other) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208677-long-term-weather-forecast-winter-any-other.html)

Nick Maclaren[_3_] 08-11-2013 11:33 AM

Long-term weather forecast (for this winter and any other)

Frequent drivel and blustery windbags, sometimes prolonged, with
outbursts of Wail. Outlook gloomy and befogged.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Ophelia[_8_] 08-11-2013 11:47 AM

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

Frequent drivel and blustery windbags, sometimes prolonged, with
outbursts of Wail. Outlook gloomy and befogged.

lol
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Sacha[_11_] 08-11-2013 12:04 PM

On 2013-11-08 11:33:23 +0000, Nick Maclaren said:

Frequent drivel and blustery windbags, sometimes prolonged, with
outbursts of Wail. Outlook gloomy and befogged.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Obviously a computer prediction.
--

Sacha
South Devon

Jeff Layman[_2_] 08-11-2013 02:12 PM

On 08/11/2013 11:33, Nick Maclaren wrote:
Frequent drivel and blustery windbags, sometimes prolonged, with
outbursts of Wail. Outlook gloomy and befogged.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I can only assume that in your long academic career you must have had
many discussions with "Professor" Stanley Unwin.

And looking at the long-range weather forecasters, he wasn't the only
master of double-talk...

--

Jeff

Sacha[_11_] 08-11-2013 04:58 PM

On 2013-11-08 14:12:11 +0000, Jeff Layman said:

On 08/11/2013 11:33, Nick Maclaren wrote:
Frequent drivel and blustery windbags, sometimes prolonged, with
outbursts of Wail. Outlook gloomy and befogged.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I can only assume that in your long academic career you must have had
many discussions with "Professor" Stanley Unwin.

And looking at the long-range weather forecasters, he wasn't the only
master of double-talk...

I've always rather liked John's Weather Forecasting Stone in Porthallow!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Janet 08-11-2013 05:29 PM

Long-term weather forecast (for this winter and any other)

In article ,
says...

Frequent drivel and blustery windbags, sometimes prolonged, with
outbursts of Wail. Outlook gloomy and befogged.

Oh, is this the blog thread again?

Janet

sacha 08-11-2013 06:22 PM

On 2013-11-08 15:05:37 +0000, Martin said:

On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 14:12:11 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 08/11/2013 11:33, Nick Maclaren wrote:
Frequent drivel and blustery windbags, sometimes prolonged, with
outbursts of Wail. Outlook gloomy and befogged.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I can only assume that in your long academic career you must have had
many discussions with "Professor" Stanley Unwin.

And looking at the long-range weather forecasters, he wasn't the only
master of double-talk...

Stanley Unwin worked for the BBC at one time.

Nick probably should.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Broadback[_3_] 09-11-2013 10:02 AM

Long-term weather forecast (for this winter and any other)

On 08/11/2013 17:29, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

Frequent drivel and blustery windbags, sometimes prolonged, with
outbursts of Wail. Outlook gloomy and befogged.

Oh, is this the blog thread again?

Janet

It looks to me as though Nick has been reading the Daily Express again.